Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lsandell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Debt verification MD
    What are attorneys required to send as verification of debt in Maryland? I recently receive a summons from a credit card company. I filed a response with the appropriate court indicating that I "contest the validity of the debt and credit agreement". In response, the attorney (or should I say his paralegal) called to inform me that they are mailing out a letter verifying the debt (but would not give details about what is included). So my question is, what are the components of this letter? I am interested in seeing the contract and payment history, is that part of their responsibilities for verifying the debt? Should I send a separate request for these items?

Check out some similar questions!

Vacating a Judgement/Debt verification [ 5 Answers ]

I was suit by Capital one about a year ago. About 5 days ago, I received a Affidavit in the mail from the debt collecting law firm, showing my bills, that are unsigned with my signature. The Affidavit is also signed by someone from capital one certifying that the documents are real. My questions...

Debt Verification [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I've filed my intent to defend, now I want to send a letter to plaintiff requesting debt verification. I've seen it suggested to send a copy to the court. My question is this - I live in Georgia, when I send a copy to the courts , what do I send with it? In other words do I need a cover...

Debt verification [ 1 Answers ]

Can I request that a debt be verified under the federal debr collections pratices act after the 30 days from receiving the original collection letter

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.