Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 11:13 PM
    Low testosterone
    My testosterone is 3.4 is this low as I do not know what is normal?
    I have had 3 blood test and all were 3.5-6.4-3.4.
    I am putting on the pounds even when not eating.and all I want to do is sleep?
    It is now getting me down as I was a fit person all my life but in the last 2-3 years it gone to pot.
    I am 46 years old and need help?
    Alan
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2011, 04:12 AM

Have you read this: Low Testosterone Symptoms, Health Effects, and Testosterone Replacement "Low testosterone is defined as less than 300 nanograms per deciliter of blood. The symptoms of low testosterone include low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, mood problems, fatigue, and sleep disturbances. Of all men with below-normal testosterone levels, about one-half to two-thirds report symptoms."

What did the Physician who interpreted your blood work tell you?
    alanjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:15 AM
    He told me that he will look in to it as the testosterone was low.
    He told me it will take 8-10 weeks before he will get back to me on this.
    I only sleep for 1hour a night I have mood swings and head ace most days due to no sleep.
    Its not a good life right now I go for walks at 2-3 in the morning as I get so stressed not sleeping.
    I sleep down stairs as I keep my wife awake by getting up and down all night long.
    I have been this way for the past 2-3 years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2011, 05:43 AM

My gosh! It's going to take him 8 to 10 weeks to get back to you?

Sounds like a pretty unhappy way for you to live. I wonder if you would call the Doctor and ask for treatment sooner if that would work - ?

I'm surprised - I realize Doctors are busy but this isn't a hangnail problem...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm surprised - I realize Doctors are busy but this isn't a hangnail problem ...
    It wouldn't be the doctor causing this delay, it would be the lab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erection maintaing and low testosterone level [ 3 Answers ]

HI I HAVE VERY lOW sex desire, and also not able to maintain erection. I feel that I am suffering from low testosterone level. Can any one let me know to increase this level

Low testosterone [ 0 Answers ]

Hey Folks, I have been dealing with a muscle injury, and possibly and injury cause by a chiropractor. This has been going on for over a year and am still struggling. While I have gotten considerably better from where I started, the symptoms still linger. I findally had blood work done in...

Is low testosterone causing my erectile dysfunction? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently started having problems getting an erection. I'm a 31 year old healthy male who runs and lifts weights, and not on any kind of medication. I recently had my testosterone and estrogen levels checked. The lab results showed my testosterone serum levels to be at 389 ng/dl and...

Testosterone? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a woman and I had a blood test taken and my testosterone levels were higher than average at 3.1 where its usually between 0.4 - 2.7. I am curious to why it is higher and how I can get it down to a normal level. I don't have many girlfriends and am with my fiancée all the time. Does hanging out...

View more questions Search