Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiepapelbon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 05:22 PM
    New York or Music festival? Can't do both!
    All right guys. Here is the deal, my boyfriend has invited me to go to New York City with him the third weekend in June. I have never been and was looking forward to going until I realized that my good friend invited me to a music festival the same weekend. And she did like months ago. Long before NYC came up.

So now I am not sure what to do. Either way, I will let someone down. My friend has even taken off work. I have not seen her in so long.

My boyfriend really wants me to come with him and never takes me turning him down on something well. Especially since I told him that I was going to go. I double booked myself without realizing it.

I don't think my boyfriend will be very understanding of me going with my friend.

I just don't know what to do.

Help me? Please?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 7, 2011, 06:20 PM
    You made plans with your friend first, plain and simple.
    If you buckle under to a boyfriend who doesn't take things like this well, whatever that means, then you have a relationship problem that might not survive, when your friend to the end will. But that's beside the point.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 05:51 AM

I agree wit joypulv. The first commitment you made is the one you have to keep. Especially given the effort your friend is making to be with you, you should not renege.
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Can you do music festival on Friday and NYC on Saturday? If not, then New York City on the 4th weekend. Hope it works out well.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 05:10 AM

I agree with Joy - you promised your friend long before you discussed this with your boyfriend.

It's a matter of friendship and character - you made a promise.

Your boyfriend needs to show some character and understand that.
    katiepapelbon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Thanks guys! I ended up going to NYC, only after my friend told me that she couldn't go to the music festival. Worked out okay. Thanks for the answers all :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flapjack knot festival music [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to find music from the marvelous misadventures of flapjack. It's when flapjack goes to the knot festival and when he goes to the game booths this cool organ carnival music starts to play while he plays. I have to find out this music fast. I won't take no for an answer. I NEED TO FIND THE...

How much is it to go bowling at mega bowl- festival park, stoke on trent? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know because eme and my friend need to save our money if the prices are high.

How do I copy music from media player to MP3 at present copied music shows [ 2 Answers ]

Music copied to MP3 player plays on computer but not on MP3 which shows "no data"

Can you tell me how is the word festival written in sanskrit script? [ 1 Answers ]

How is the word utsava written in sanskrit script?

Happy Dragon Boat Festival [ 1 Answers ]

Happy Dragon Boat Festival to all! It is originated in Asia, from a traditional story. In the ancient time, A person named QuYuan, is very decent and pure-minded. Bad people slandered him in front of the minister. And when he was being misunderstood and suffered all the punishment, nobody...

View more questions Search