Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrstgi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Value of a 1975 Britannica set with year book
    My dad has a set of 1975 Britannica with the year book and also a set of Britannica Junior with the year books from 75,76 and 77. I was wondering if there was a market for these and what they are worth.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 03:16 PM

I didn't check eBay, but having worked in libraries for years and seeing patrons bring in old encyclopedia sets to donate or sell in our book sale, I'd say the value is probably very low. The sets are out of date, and most people today find what they need on the Internet, not in print material.

If you'd get $25 a set, you'd be doing well. Just in case I'm wrong, call your library's reference department and ask about this. They will have a collectible/rare books source to consult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set the valves on a 1975 harley? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you set the valves on a 1975 harley 1000/the specs

Unable to locate this book anywhere, published between 1975 and 1985. [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to locate a book, futuristic, starts in a new york setting which is enclosed in a bubble-completely secured from outsiders, main character is teenage boy named fisher, title is (i think) the ozark or ozark, ends story with state called landslip (california before major earthquake). Very...

Need title of book set in India [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember the title or author of a book I read in the past few years. I think it was even a book on Oprah's list. It 's about two brothers growing up in India and delves into the caste system. At one point, one of the characters is a tailor, I believe, and someone ends up having his legs...

Value/worth of set of 1926 Encyclopedia Britannica, published in Britain? [ 3 Answers ]

My Father, 91, is trying to clean out his house, (Yes, packratittis is genetic), so he was asking if the 1926 Encyclopedia Britannica , published in Britain is worth something to collector? After trying to sell books on E-bay, I found there doesn't seem to be much interest and the shipping is high...

Children's Book Set, More valuable because it's a whole set? [ 1 Answers ]

I have what I believe is a complete set of books published by the John C. Winston Company, 1957-58. All are cloth bound, I have eleven: Arabian Nights, Pinocchio and Aesop's Fables, Andersen's Fairy Tales, Tales from Shakespeare, Robinson Crusoe, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island, Robin Hood, Heidi,...

View more questions Search