Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tforan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
    EtG testing
    I am taking a 7 panel drug screen test for probation through a ptest for alcoholrivate company in Colrado. They only charge $8.00 for the ua. EtG test, from what I have seen on the internet cost has little has $15 to $100. The outfit is called RMOMS and does a high volume of tests. Do you think the test for alcohol is for EtG or just the standard test? Thanks.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 01:45 PM

That is impossible to say. It sounds like a standard opiate plus alcohol so it could be both. The cost is misleading as all testing is 2-step, screen (immunoassay) and confirmation. Only if the screen is positive do they proceed to the confirmation level. At that step I'm sure there is an extra charge.

Jun 7, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Do you mean standard alcohol test ( 24 hours or EtG test? I know they test for alcohol but the cost seems to low to include the EtG test.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:32 PM

You're right that's pretty low but if they're using a IA screen they do several hundred at a time.

Jun 7, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    What us a IA screen? Thanks. By the way, I drank a pint of rum last Saturday and my BAC was zero on Sunday at 9:00 am. I may be tested on Wednesday around 6:00 pm ( 81 hours since 0 BAC). I have been drinking a lot of water, detox tea and taking milk thistle. Do you think I will be OK?
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:50 PM

Should be fine. That amount should clear in about 40-50 hours on average. I better change this, you'll still be OK but the time span is closer to 60 hours clearance from 0 BAC

Jun 7, 2011, 06:52 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    Thank you again. I will not do this again, Too much stress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG testing [ 1 Answers ]

I had 3 beers 24 hours with out knowing that I had to take an EtG test the next day. Is there any chance that it can come up negative?

ETG testing [ 3 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, Im an active 6' 5" 340 lb male who consumed 12 shots of whiskey on Friday night. I stopped around 1am. Can I pass an EtG by 4pm Monday afternoon?

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does drinking lots of water, urinating often and taking vitamins help you pass an EtG test faster..

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search