Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yum70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 10:35 PM
    Brush plating challenge
    I work in a brush plating environment and recently was task to perform repair service on a laminator extruder which does finish work on plastics sheet. A runaway screw caused sever score lines on the extruder leaving one particular damage area measuring 40cm in length, 1cm width and 0.5cm depth.

The job scope is to recover the score lines on the cylinders that also requires a mirror finish else the surfaces where the different of chrome and nickel repaired region will leave dark shades on the plastic sheet when the laminator is on operations.
    Our task was successful using brush plating approach to recover all score lines but we did not manage to achieve mirror finish even using manual labor and the assisted by fine sand paper to obtain mirror finish.

My main question is the "how to" get a perfect mirror finish on the surface. Where did we not manage to achieve the require shine same as the surface?

Thank you and have a great day

Patrick
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2011, 12:25 AM

Send it out for electropolishing. See: Electropolish | Electropolishing Service - Harrison Electropolishing
    yum70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
    Comment on KISS's post
    Hi Kiss,

Thanks for the head up... going to read more about the site.

Cheers

Patrick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brush plating challenge [ 0 Answers ]

I work in a brush plating environment and recently was task to perform repair service on a laminator extruder which does finish work on plastics sheet. The job scope is to recover the score lines on the cylinders that also requires a mirror finish else the surfaces where the different of chrome...

How do you gey gold plating off pins [ 2 Answers ]

Have bold plated computer pins. Want to remove the gold. Who buys gold prefer tu remove gold myself

Tarnishing on gold plating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please could anyone help. In laymans terms what causes tarnishing on gold plating at 0.6 microns. Thanks

What is she plating at? [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya there! There use to be 6 of us in our close circle of friends until about a month or 2 ago. One of the girls decided and told some of us that we are to childish for her and she wants new friends. To be honest it was kind of an easy way out for us because she is so selfish and see's...

View more questions Search