Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    entheos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 08:43 PM
    My Whirlpool Senseon gas dryer won't start up when I press the Start button?
    My dryer doesn't start when I press the Start button. It just hums. Start capacitor bad?
    DocRyan Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Most dryers don't use start capacitors. Most likely you either have a bad motor or something is stuck in the blower fan of the motor. The motor should spin freely with nothing connected to it, if it doesn't spin freely then the bearings in the motor are bad and the whole motor will need to be replaced.

-Ryan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start button won't stay on - Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite gas dryer model 110.73954102 won't stay "on" when I release the start button. Purchased new 5-28-2003. Has Sears issued a recall or defective part for this model? Serviceman coming soon.

Whirlpool Senseon dryer won't start [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon electric dryer (model GEQ9858JQ0, same as in another post - "Whilrpool dryer keeps shutting off" from 2/9/06). It's about five years old. The dryer worked fine until today. We ran several loads through it just fine today, then it wouldn't start when pressing the Start...

Whirlpool Senseon dryer will not start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon dryer that will not start. None of the led's on the front panel will light up to give me any control over the unit. I have 240vac connected and present at the terminals. I have read through the troubleshooting guide that came with it and after performing a few tests, it...

Whirlpool senseon GEX9868jQ0 dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool senseon GEX9868jQ0 dryer that will not come on. I bought it used and initially the "Normal" and "Heavy Duty" buttons did not light and the settings did not work. All other settings worked fine for a month or so. Then it would not come on one day. At one point all the LEDs on the...

View more questions Search