Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boyfriendless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Why cant' I get a boyfriend?
    So I'm 16 and haven't had a boyfriend yet. I'm short, I'm not ugly but I'm not pretty.. I have braces and glasses... is it because of my braces and glasses? I look a lot prettier without my glasses but my parents won't let me get contacts. I have like... 3 guy friends and a bunch of girl friends. But none of the guy friends ever seem to be interested in me. My girl friends can always get guys but never me... it really sucks. I'm not smart but I'm not average. I'm like a bit above average... and I play golf
    Is there something wrong with me?
    My characteristics are... Hmm
    I'm loud and can be funny... and I don't really mean to but I act like a kid... you know? Like not "wahh give me back my crayon" but like... I cant' really explain. And once people get to know me they think I'm a really good friend but people that just talk to me randomly once in a while think I'm some untrustworthy obnoxious little girl... I don't know how to fix that because that's who I am!

My friends are all prettier and smarter AND more athletic than me so I always feel like trash compared to them...

So... why is it that no guy has ever asked me out? I've only had one guy EVER to tell me he liked me and I liked him but he didn't ask them out...

ohh forgot to mention... I DON't flirt. I don't know how too...
    tmtrotminor Posts: 38, Reputation: 15

Jun 6, 2011, 11:30 PM

I remember too well how you feel at this exact moment. But let me tell you, I decided to settle for a guy I "liked" (meaning, he liked me, and I thought he was okay). Then, I realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. And it became more of "the thing to do", and not because I liked him.
    You should never feel like you need a relationship to prove that you're worthy of love! Love yourself! Know that you are good enough. If you feel as though you're not good enough, then change. Change until you're who you want to be.
    Don't ever "look for a relationship". Make friends, enjoy people, without expectations of one. When you find someone you feel that way for, tell them as soon as you do! That way, even if you're rejected, you didn't have your feelings grow to the point where your heart will be shattered.
    Best of luck to you. :)
    fednerbassman95 Posts: 71, Reputation: 9

Jun 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
    I was in the same situation a few years back. Believe me I know how frustrating it can be. The pressure to "date" can be unbearable. I wouldn't give up on your guy friends. My girlfriend and I were great friends before we even thought about dating, and that's made our relationship so much better. You'll know when its right. Most importantly, nothing is going to happen if you go out trying to find someone.
    adviceangel123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Jun 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
    YOU are amazing . Don't ever let anyone tell you wrong .
    Even yourself .
    Guys rather reach for the rotten apple than, risk falling to grab the perfect apple on the top of the tree . So they settle for the rotten one on the ground .
    Nothing is wrong with you .
    Stop comparing yourelf to your friends, cause your different , and your friends are different from each other too.
    Your right guy is coming along soon , but you don't have to have a boyfriend . Its too much work : p , I'm always worrying and all that troubled stuff that comes along with a relationship .
    If I never met my boyfriend , I would stay single for a while .
    Much funnier cause your independed .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...

View more questions Search