Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Palin.... too folksy .

Now there you have it a man or woman of the people is not welcome because what you are electing is a god
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 05:15 AM
    It was off the cuff chatting that got caught on video . Maybe she should be more guarded and have a travelling teleprompter like the President carries around with him.
    Hello again, tom:

I don't know. There's a difference between a gaffe and being stupid... A REALLY BIG difference. I wonder why you can't see it. EVERYBODY around you can.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:00 AM

There is no way a stupid person achieves as much as she has done. Stupid people do not become 2 term mayors;do not get appointed to lead the State Oil and Gas Committee,do not get elected Goveror based on their accomplishment in reforming the agency , do not get selected as a VP candidate ;do not attract a huge base of support ,do not attract a huge pool of campaign donations , and some of the best managers in politics .
    I think such ad hominem attacks represent the threat she poses to her opponents. Now if you said she is parochial and not ready for prime time yet I'd accept that a debatable point. At least you have an argument when you claim she has not sufficiently expanded her base of knowledge to be considered a national leader.

But why don't you admit it . This country has increasingly drifted towards the elite politician . In the last 100 years ,only Reagan ,Truman ,and Harding have not been Ivy League or military Academy educated . Ridiculous that a nation founded on populism has gone that way.Even the losing candidates have generally come from such select stock. I would say that in the last century 2 of the 3 were great leaders . But we limit ourselves and our choices by having such a narrow view.
    So when I hear complaints about existing leadership I'll tell you we will continue to get more of the same until we break out of this narrow view of what qualifies someone to represent the people.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:10 AM
    Really Tom haven't you heard of the last man standing syndrome over there and it usually is a woman
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:29 AM
    There is no way a stupid person achieves as much as she has done.
    Hello again, tom:

You can fool some of the people some of the time. People LOVE her stance on social issues SOOO much, that they're willing to overlook her lack of gravitas on any OTHER issue. We can argue about my use of the word "stupid". How about ignorant, or uneducated?

I don't disagree about where our political "elite" come from... Term limits would eliminate that too. Then, we wouldn't have to reach sooo far down into mediocrity in order to find a person who's one of the regular people.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:34 AM

People LOVE her stance on social issues SOOO much, that they're willing to overlook her lack of gravitas on any OTHER issue.
    Nonsense ; She had a 90% approval rating throughout most of her term as governor because of her accomplishments ;not her stance on social issues. I think it's you who is hung up on her politics to a point that you overlook her achievements .
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:39 AM

Wait I have more. This "too dumb"... has been a label that many Republicans have carried in my lifetime. So what's different this time ? Goldwater was too dumb ;Reagan was too dumb ;Bush was too dumb ;Quayle... and on and on it goes .She's just the next version of a tired narrative.
    Edit... forgot Gerald Ford.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Wait I have more. This "too dumb" .... has been a label that many Republicans have carried in my lifetime. So what's different this time ? Goldwater was too dumb ;Reagan was too dumb ;Bush was too dumb ;Quayle ...and on and on it goes .She's just the next version of a tired narrative.
    All this could be said of republicans characterizations of democrats. Look, you guys even have a Facebook page about it! Democrats Are Dumb - A Children's Guide | Facebook and a book! Amazon.com: Democrats Are Dumb: A Children's Guide (9781432725174): Mark W Stephens: Books
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:53 AM
    I think it's you who is hung up on her politics to a point that you overlook her achievements .
    Hello again, tom:

She's achieved a great deal. I don't begrudge her those. However, that says much about her political acumen. It says nothing about her intellect. In this great country of ours, even mediocre people CAN achieve.

But, let's forget for a minute about what she said... Let's talk about the WAY she said it. She doesn't SPEAK like an educated person... She RUINS the English language to the point that you can't quite figure out what she says. As president, what she SAYS could change the direction of the world - and NOT in a good way. She is UNABLE to utter a cogent thought. Wouldn't that worry you??

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:03 AM

Look, you guys even have a Facebook page about it!
    I don't know who "you guys " are. It has certainly not reached the level of popular narrative . But maybe that's because the popular media have not permanently branded Dems as stupid or bumbling like they portrayed Ford ,Reagan ,Bush and Palin .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    now there you have it a man or woman of the people is not welcome because what you are electing is a god
    I've never viewed any president that way, but that's darn sure what all those Obama worshipers thought they were getting.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:07 AM
    I don't know who "you guys " are. It has certainly not reached the level of popular narrative . But maybe that's because the popular media have not permanently branded Dems as stupid or bumbling like they portrayed Ford ,Reagan ,Bush and Palin .
    What popular media? Examples?
    Conservatives have a book on Amazon for sale that blatantly says "democrats are dumb". It doesn't get more popular than that.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I've never viewed any president that way, but that's darn sure what all those Obama worshipers thought they were getting.
    How many people believe that as per that website?
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:10 AM

Ex ,ever hear the President in an unguarded moment ? If I took his mumbling fumbles seriously I'd think he wants to give an asthmatic child a breathalizer .

Like I said;Yale law graduate Gerald Ford was smeared as too dumb. Palin is just the most recent incarnation of the character .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    How many people believe that as per that website?
    Read the quotes, they're all legit.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 07:22 AM
    Well he is a god, we all are.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jun 7, 2011, 03:02 PM
    There is no way a stupid person achieves as much as she has done. Stupid people do not become 2 term mayors;do not get appointed to lead the State Oil and Gas Committee,do not get elected Goveror based on their accomplishment in reforming the agency , do not get selected as a VP candidate ;do not attract a huge base of support ,do not attract a huge pool of campaign donations , and some of the best managers in politics .
    Hi Tom,

That's exactly what stupid people do. It is also what intelligent people do.

That's the beauty of politics.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 06:44 PM

Well the stupid politician in question had an impressive executive record as governor. She took a scaple to the Alaska budget and whittled it down line by line. She reformed the Alaska energy sector and strong armed Exxon to actually drill on land they held leases on.She kicked the butts of the good ole boy network that was the political establishment of the state.

Ok quick quizz. Which 'too stupid to be President " politician said this ?

"Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time."

Or this one who made a joke about the handicapped...
    "I bowled a 129. It's like - it was like the Special Olympics, or something."

Or this observation...

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

Yup our beloved President... by the way.. he was reportedly a professor at the University of Chicago . Strange that none of his students have bothered to display or put on Ebay one of the papers he graded . Just an interesting thought given that with his biography ,especially in his academic years ,there should've been a treasure trove of published material by him besides 2 ghost written autobiographies.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jun 7, 2011, 09:38 PM
    Well the stupid politician in question had an impressive executive record as governor. She took a scaple to the Alaska budget and whittled it down line by line. She reformed the Alaska energy sector and strong armed Exxon to actually drill on land they held leases on.She kicked the butts of the good ole boy network that was the political establishment of the state.

Ok quick quizz. Which 'too stupid to be President " politician said this ?

Hi Tom,

This has little to do with intelligence. It's called politics. All the above shows is that she has a determination to impose her political will.

I don't see how being a good politician has anything to do with intelligence. In exactly the same way I don't see how intelligence has anything to do with being a bad politician. You wrongly equate intelligence with success in politics.

Comparing Obama with Palin? I don't see the value of comparing rocks and stones. Shouldn't the voters be aiming a lot higher?

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Comparing Obama with Palin? I don't see the value of comparing rocks and stones. Shouldn't the voters be aiming a lot higher?

Tut
    A great southern perspective there Tut but you have to remember they don't have much to work with over there. Their party machines are no going to give them anyone truly smart, they like to maintan control. As to their candidates being Ivy League, wasn't Bush supposed to be a skull? It's who you know, not what you know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a revere entry of Chq bounced which I received from Customer? [ 0 Answers ]

Suppose we have received from Customer and credit it to their account but after some day we comes to know that chq was bounced then how to make a revere entry of Chq bounced which I received from Customer?

I was married to british in 2005 and got divorced in 2008 can I get british passpo [ 1 Answers ]

I am from lithuania was married to british in 2005 and got divorced in 2008 but I kept my married name , I still got lithuanian passport in maden name, can I get british passport if I am doverecd been here in uk 6years and all my bills and national insurannce number in married name I need photo ...

Epi les paul standard plus top vs. Epi les paul custom vs. Epi les paul blackbeauty 3 [ 0 Answers ]

I just want to ask which is better? Epi les paul standard plus or epi les paul custom or epi les paul blackbeauty (3 pickups)? *** tell the difference between the three... tnx

Paul Revere's famous ride: The British are coming! [ 7 Answers ]

I've heard more than once that there is more to the story of Paul Revere's famous ride than is taught. I've heard that he was so drunk that the ride was short. He fell off his horse and was caught. Another finished warning the people and was the true hero that saved the day. I've googled a...

View more questions Search