Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jorishie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Ceiling Fan lights work, but fan doesn't.
    Recently my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan quit working, the lights still work, but the fan has stopped. The fan and light are operated from separate wall switches (a remote also). I have checked the breakers, replaced the wall switch, and replaced the remote batteries. I figured that the fan was defective, so I purchased a Hunter fan/light and hooked it up... same problem, different fan. The lights still work on the new fan, but the fan does not. Could it be a failure in the remote receiver located in the ceiling cutting all power to the fan only?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Have you checked to see if you are getting 120V at the ceiling box? With 2 switches you should have a red and a black, test both with the switches on.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 12:15 PM

The remote receivers are prone to failing. Try hooking the Hunter fan up without it.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan for about 15 years. The lights work but the fan doe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay with a light. The light works but the fan does not. I can feel a slight hum of the motor and sometimes it appears the blades may move a bit but really there is nothing. It is about 15 yrs old. I have another one like this, same age and it works fine. Before I start taking...

Lights do not work in ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

All three bulbs will not work in ceiling fan. Fan works OK; how do I fix?

Ceiling Fan w/Remote lights work, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan about 1 1/2 yrs ago, was working fine, it has lighting in the motor housing and lower lights, this fan has pull strings and a remote all were working fine. Replace the battery in the remote. The remote will not operate any part of the fan, the pull strings for the lights...

Ceiling fan/lights work fan won't [ 2 Answers ]

We have had a ceiling fan in out family room for years. One day the fan just stopped working but the lights continued to work. We assumed the motor on the fan burned out. My husband recently put in a new Hampton Fan and when we tested it the lights worked, but the fan turned for a second then...

Lights do not work on the ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2...

View more questions Search