Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raphael_keenan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Charging a dead battery on a john deer?
    My L125 J D Mower just went dead the other day, It had nothing when I turned the key, Battery dead I figure, so I buy a 12v battery chager, I hook black to black and red to red and slow charge from wall outlet in house for near 10 hours. Nothing happening when I retry. There is little or no power to lights, mower is not ingaged, battery posts are clean and 20 amp fuse is OK. Where am I goi9ng wrong, what next. The mower is only about maybe 4/5 years old and only used on small garden.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 4, 2011, 02:16 PM

Did you check the water in the battery?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2011, 02:17 PM

Consider buying a new battery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1967 John Deere Model 110 battery charging failure [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1967 Jonh Deere Model 110H patio tractor that does not charge the battery. The battery is good and the tractor starts well after the battery has been charged externally. The red "GEN" light stays on even when the engine is running, getting brighter as the revs are increased. I have only...

John Deere L111 not charging battery [ 1 Answers ]

Have a John Deere L111 riding mower that won't charge the battery. I've replaced the original, thinking it was bad. After jumping with charger it starts up and runs entire 45min. While cutting grass, but once shut off, that's it. I tested battery after jumping and only seeing 8.5vdc. So the...

Charging john deere battery [ 1 Answers ]

I live in northeast and made error and I did not remove battery from tractor (x3oo john deere) when I stopped using it in Nov.. it is kept in shed... went out 2 weeks ago to just start it... it obviosly did not start , I believe it is a battery issure (battery is only 1 year old... I have...

John Deere 185 Hydro Charging/Battery light stays on [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a used JD 185 Hydro Lawn Tractor and it runs perfect... but the dash battery light stays on all the time. I wonder if it is supposed to stay on... or is the battery not being charged when light is on? Also... I've discovered a cure for the center-mounted "free-wheel" knob... getting it...

John deere riding mower battery charging [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this john deere 16 hp 42 inch riding mower for 8 years. The battery charging circuit has never worked. Although it runs for some time on an external charge, I would like to get it right. I pulled the stator yesterday and cleaned everything with a dremel and wire brush, to make sure that...

View more questions Search