Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vrscr85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Bad compressor?
    I Have a unit I'm working on it is an Armstrong heat pump package unit 208v single phase. When I setup My gauges I found The compressor running and the pressures equalized. Condemned compressor Replaced it and the drier. Pulled vacuum and charged with vapor.I put it back in the wall and started it up. The compressor fired up but my pressures are still equalized. The compressor is rated for rla 12.0 it is pulling 3amps. I checked the capacitor and the wiring I can't find anything that explains it. Any help please.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor gone bad [ 0 Answers ]

When replacing the whole outside unit... what do I need to make sure of to make sure if works with the existing indoor unit?

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

Compressor is bad? [ 5 Answers ]

House not cooling and HVAC man comes out this AM and looks at unit then goes into attic. Invoice says compressor not pumping and metering device is fixed. Home warranty company sends out 2nd man for verification and he confirms first diagnosis except he explains everything. He shows me on the...

Bad air compressor - now heater doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I can fix most anything, but I know next to nothing about HVAC. A friends got a central air conditioning unit that the compressor went out on, which was fine as it wasn't hot. But now it's cold, and the heater will not come on either. It is not a gas heater, and I can find no elements, and am...

Bad compressor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox central air conditioner unit that is 6 years old. Four months ago, a technician from Dial One came out and replaced the hard start and the capacitor because the unit was not cooling the house. I also had the thermostat replaced. Now, I am having the same problem with the unit not...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.