Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveyWavey123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Drivers permits for non US citizens/residents
    Hi, I am from Europe, but I spend 3 months every summer with my family in Talahasee, FL. I would like to learn how to drive, is it possible for me to obtain a drivers permit and later a drivers license?

Where do I need to go, what do I have to have, drivers ed, etc.
    Can someone guide me through the process?

Thanks.
    Davey W.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 07:47 AM

Depends on your age. The rules vary by state, but for Forida if you are between 15 and 17 you must take a required course, pass a written test, and then you can get a learners permit which allows you to practice driving with an adult in the car for one year. After that you can take the driving test and get a full license.

If 18 or over you do not need the learner's permit, but you must still pass the written test and then the driving test.

As a non-US citizen there are particular forms of identification that you must provide to start the process. More info here:
    Florida Drivers License - Non US Citizens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are excellent drivers usually angry drivers? [ 12 Answers ]

When someone whizzes past me on the freeway, changing lanes and slipping between cars without slowing anyone down I think, "good driver." Riding in the same car with a person like this has always revealed that the person is frustrated and angry with everyone else. You may be different. When a...

Electrical permits [ 6 Answers ]

I have realized that I've done a bone head move. I'm finishing my basement. Did the electrical work. Sheetrocked, one coat of tape and mud and now I'm second guessing myself for not getting a permit for the electrical. Which needs to be inspected before it's covered up. Anyone else had this...

Requesting travel permits [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there my question is can I get a travel permit to a state that I am currently requesting a transfer of my probation to?

Plumbing permits [ 3 Answers ]

I hired a plumber to put in 2 sinks in a new business, what happens if he didn't get permits? I am not sure if he did and now worried about that. Also would it have been his responsibility to get the permits or would it have been mine? It cost me enough and I would think that he would have had...

Undisclosed that there were no permits for addition [ 2 Answers ]

When I purchased a home it was not disclosed to me that there were no permits for the basement remodel. I was told I was buying 2200 sq ft a recent apprasial came back at 1400 sq ft because there were no permits they said what now?

View more questions Search