Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazylink411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Instalation of a condenser motor 3 to 4 wire emerson
    I have an rheem a/c emerson 3 wire motor my landlord has been mia for a week and I had trouble shot the issue and found it was the motor,, but now I have a 4wire emerson motor and the spec are right and don't know how to hook up ,"I am not an a/c guy just a guy with kids and a crappy landlord" and not much funds to call an a/c guy PLEASE HELP! How can I wire this thing I have taking pics of the first setup and remember how the first setup was... I need help with the new please it has been a week already and just got it today thankfully someone sold one to me wholesale but no exanges or refunds I have just one shot at getting this right. Thank you to anyone that can help!!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 02:15 PM

If this a 240 volt motor with four wires it probably a single speed motor.

Here are the directions to connect it if what I said is right.

You should also have a new capacitor that matches the motor. Something like 5uf x 370 volts. Or you may already have a capacitor that has three different polees with several spade clips on each one.

You should have two brown wires, one a solid brown and the other a brown with a white stripe running the length of it. Connect these wires to the capacitor. If the capacitor only has three post then connect the brown and white wire to the post that says com. Connect the brown wire to the post that says fan.

The other two wires coming out of the motor will connect to the contactor, the black wire to T1 and the white or yellow wire to the T2.

If you have a new two pole capacitor then connect the two brown wires one to each pole. But there should be no other wires connected to this capacitor.
    crazylink411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 12:03 PM
    Comment on letmetellu's post
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Everything you said is on the money, and everything is running great , I have not hooked up the capacitor yet, the original has 3 poles and the new 2 as you had said, but the new does not say common or fan , or T1 or T2 how can I hook this up correctly with out shorting anything out? They where a lot of help and sold it to me at wholesale, but there is no warranty , exchanges, or refunds, so I am being very careful and it is working but was told I should replace the capacitor, how should I do this correctly w/out shorting anything out? Again thank you very much and my family thanks you!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire up my new AC condenser fan motor? [ 7 Answers ]

My new AC condenser fan motor has an extra wire. What do I do with it? AC is a 1996 SEER 12 Rheem. New motor is an A.O. Smith 1/8 HP 208 RPM 208-230 volt. Old motor has 3 wires, black, brown, and orange. New motor has 4. Black, brown, orange, and brown with a white stripe. Does anybody...

How to connect electrical wires of new condenser motor (Emerson) [ 3 Answers ]

I'm installing a new Emerson condenser fan motor and capacitor. The wire colors are Black, White, Brown, Striped Brown. I understand that Black goes to electric panel, Brown and Striped Brown to capacitor. Where does the White go? And how to I connect the wires to the capacitor two terminal with...

Emerson motor condenser wiring replacing 3 wire motor with 5 wire. [ 5 Answers ]

Any recommendations? New motor apparently is capable of running in either direction by switching brown and purple wires going to the capacitor. Looks like then either the remaining brown or purple is spliced to or hooked up to the same terminal as the yellow. Thanks.

Emerson condenser fan motor [ 5 Answers ]

I just replaced my condenser fan motor old one is a Emerson k55hxlrh-0208 1/5 hp 1.0 amps 208/220/240 volt 850rpm .The closes one I could get is 1/5 hp 208/230 volts 1.3 amps 1075 rpm now is shuts off in the miday heat

Change 4 wire condenser motor to 3 wire motor [ 4 Answers ]

I need TO know how to wire a condenser motor. The one I am taking out is a 230 volt it has 2 brown capacitor wires and a black and white. The one I want to put in is a 230 volt/5 mfd capacitor motor. This one has a red wire a black wire and only one brown capacitor wire. How do I retrofit this....

View more questions Search