Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deeregalt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Cost of a oil pan gasket repair on Kawasaki engine?
    My so called 5 star JD dealer wants $500 plus pick up and drop off charge! They are charging $69 for diagnostic (I told them what was wrong), parts $50 (for a gasket?? ) and 5 hours labor.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2011, 08:29 PM

Which John Deere do you have.
    Different ones are harder then some. At my shop I charge 4-5 hours to do that job.
    3 hours is normal for off and on
    Then to take the motor apart and replace gasket is about right.
    Luck
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 03:25 PM

Yeah people come in my shop all the time And say I could have should have and would have ,
    I don't know why you don't find my info helpful , you ask how much for oil pan replacement , and I gave you a correct answer ,
    I don't need a manual. I do these all the time.
    Sorry about your bad luck.
    deeregalt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 05:28 PM
    I was asking for a cost? The repair is for a Kawasaki 18 hp on a John Deere LT 190.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 05:34 PM

That's what I gave you normal flat rate charge.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deeregalt
    deeregalt does not find this helpful : It is a JD LT190 and if I had the JD service manual I would have done the repair myself!
    First of all, you are out-of-line. This site has rules, which you agreed to abide by when you signed up. The rules regarding the rating system are that a disagree/not helpful is only to be given when something inaccurate has been posted. The advice you were given is accurate, so your rating was inappropriate.

Second, you did not tell anybody what was wrong. DG was kind enough to diagnose your problem here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...ak-578681.html

Third, you told us you're being quoted $500 for a repair. You provided no other information - how long they're estimating the repair will take, what type of fluids and shop supplies are being factored into the estimate, what the shop charges per hour, etc. We can give you an estimate for our area, but that's not going to do you any good because we don't know where you are located.

I'd recommend getting yourself a manual, as it seems you think you already know what you're talking about and don't need the advice you were already very graciously given both here and at the dealer. DG volunteered their time to answer your questions; your attitude is ridiculously unnecessary.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 06:03 PM

Thanks this8384.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any how to videos to change a pan gasket on a Kawasaki 18 hp engine [ 0 Answers ]

Pan gasket replacement videos for Kawasaki 18 hp on John Deere LT190?

Blown head gasket 2001 venture repair cost? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 2001 Chevy Venture with 134,000 miles. I've been told it has a blown head gasket. What should I expect to pay for repair and is it worth it?

How much does it cost to fix an engine oil leak? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Ford taurus and I've noticed that every once in a while, a small puddle of oily substance is underneath my car. What does that mean and how much will it cost to fix it?

Blown head gasket repair cost [ 1 Answers ]

What does it cost to fix a blown head gasket on a 99 cadillac deville?

View more questions Search