Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whateverdollface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Some questions about anorexia.
    What are some ways that you know you have anorexia?
    How exactally would you be anorexic?
    How do you act?
    What do you do?:confused:
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 27, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Anorexia Nervosa: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and Treatments

A new trend for some is to refer to their condition as if it were a real person calling their 'friend' Ana or Mia (shortened versions of anorexia and bulimia).
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2007, 04:29 PM
    You continue to think you look fat when you loose weight and before you lost weight you were normal or a little over weight your friends noticing your not eating you noticing your not eating you loose lots of weight and still think your fat and you usually eat barley anything to nothing and you should tell your parents so you and them can see a doctor and get on a diet so you will gain some weight back and keep you healthy
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
    From what I know, usually anorexia and bulimia start as an eating disorder. So like, skipping meals once in a while and throughing up your food on a weekly basis. But after that it kind of gets into a pattern and continues to get worse and worse. You don't just wake up one morning and decide that you are going to starve yourself for the next month. But if you do see anyone or even yourself getting into this habit, stop it before its too late. And you might regret it. Take it from my experiences, even if you have the slightest feeling like someone is doing it. Confront them and keep an eye on them
    Hope this helps good luck
    crosscanadianragweedfan04 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2007, 10:29 AM
    I was anorexic about 2 years ago. I stopped eating, and told my mom I ate when she wasnt' home. I started liking and being proud of that hungry feeling. If you or someone you know is anorexic, get help!
    shopaholic Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2007, 03:35 AM
    I am anorexic, and have been for 4 years on and off. There are many things to notice about an anorexic. Firstly they may seem very tired and probably bad skin from lack of vitimins and nutrients (but makeup may cover that) and they avoid breakfast with an excuse, usually they are in a rush or can't eat in the mornings. They will also avoid all meals or eat only a few mouthfuls off a plate if around other people... but also they may eat it all and disappear to the toilet to throw up. It's a very secretive life, and everything evolves arounds food and how not to eat it without people noticing... but obviously the most noticeable thing is drastic weight loss... which they may hide behind baggy clothes.
    Also they will have a distorted view of their body and may say to friends how fat they are and pick at their own bodies... even though they most certainly are not overweight.
    If you see these symptoms on any friend, don't just confront them, show them that you care and you want to help them and explain how they will not only hurt themselves but others who care around them. But if this is yourself please realise what you are doing to your body and think about how long left you will have if you carry on...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Anorexia [ 3 Answers ]

I like a girl A lot but she thinks she is fat. She doesn't has no fat on her. She has that like tiny bit of what I would call skin around her belt line in stomach. But she does not have a belly. She has already been put in a hospital for not eating. And talks about passing out like its nothing. She...

More questions [ 2 Answers ]

Well first I'm irregular maybe 4 times a year I get periods I spot 1 day a month and then its gone. I do have but I have two other kids and never fell before and since I'm irregular I don't know when I'm pregnant I just keep checking When was your last female checkup? I had a check up in...

Several Questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have serveral TV questions. 1) What was the name of the televison shows that paired siblings and they had to answer questions based on what their sibling would say and the winners got to play game where they would have to choose what 4 out of 6 toys their sibling would have chosen and if they...

View more questions Search