Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Jun 2, 2011, 05:10 AM
    Terrorism
    Hello Everyone,

The world lives in fear of terrorism. What do you think causes it? Will it ever end?

Peace,
    Hope12
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 05:56 AM
    I don't. I live in Canada though. Maybe it's time for you to move. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    The world lives in fear of terrorism. What do you think causes it?
    Hello Hope:

I don't. What causes it? The right wing fear machine. Apparently, it's working with you.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 07:02 AM

I don't live in fear of terrorism, nor do I know anyone who does. Everyone around Chicago seems to be living normal, mostly happy lives.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I don't live in fear of terrorism, nor do I know anyone who does. Everyone around Chicago seems to be living normal, mostly happy lives.
    Well... some of us :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Well...some of us :)
    Oooops. I forgot about you. I did say "mostly."
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Oooops. I forgot about you. I did say "mostly."
    Thank you missey, I needed that... I was feeling a bit good today... :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 07:43 PM

I don't know, given the right happenings, I flew a few weeks back, Now yes you guessed it, 4 young men in full Middle Eastern dress boarded the plane, and guess what while they were talking before boarding, they each sat in a different part of the plane. *** just like the description of how it often happens in hijacking.

So even I was concerned, I find it hard to believe most people would not have had at least a couple second thoughts
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Jun 3, 2011, 04:09 AM
    Hello Chuck,

I believe most people do have second thoughts, some just don't admit it. Many who have had to personally deal with terrorism, never will forget the after effects they had to deal with.
    . Thanks for your rply.
    Peace,
    Hope12
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2011, 10:31 AM
    There's all kinds of terrorism, it doesn't always involve violence. Every person on Earth uses terrorism probably on a dialy basis. Terrorism can use actual violence, threats of any sort, create a perception of some kind of danger, create a perception that you must rely on someone (a spouse, a parent) or something (a government perhaps) to protect you and so on. Police and military uniforms and procedures (organization and such) are an example of terrorism. The "good guys" use terrorism plenty.

Have you ever told your kids to behave or Santa won't come? Terrorist!

Being that terrorism is effective, and is a very basic, simple way to control people, why would it stop?

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingInside View Post
    There's all kinds of terrorism, it doesn't always involve violence. Every person on Earth uses terrorism probably on a dialy basis. Terrorism can use actual violence, threats of any sort, create a perception of some kind of danger, create a perception that you must rely on someone (a spouse, a parent) or something (a government perhaps) to protect you and so on. Police and military uniforms and procedures (organization and such) are an example of terrorism. The "good guys" use terrorism plenty.

Have you ever told your kids to behave or Santa won't come? Terrorist!

Being that terrorism is effective, and is a very basic, simple way to control people, why would it stop?
    Or similar to "be good or you're going to hell" - terrorism!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Or similar to "be good or you're going to hell" - terrorism!
    Hello NK:

Or, if I catch you smoking pot, I'm going to RUIN your life FOREVER, kind of terrorism... That is MUCH more real to me than the kind the Arabs pose.

excon
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2011, 12:16 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Yepp! It's got to be the oldest, most widely used and most tried and true method of control!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2011, 12:41 PM
    Nelson Mandela was once on the Terrorist list;
    Just goes on to show that one mans terrorist maybe anothers freedom fighter.

There is always someone somewhere fighting against what/who they think are their oppressors.

As Fr-Chuck mentioned at the moment the sight of a bearded man with a turban is the avatar for terrorist;
    Reason why an old Sikh man (an Indian of Sikh belief) was abused by some youth in England. Some people can't tell the difference with what the media portrays as who/what one should fear.

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

The world lives in fear of terrorism. What do you think causes it? Will it ever end?

Peace,
    Hope12
    I live in Australia. Not much fear of terrorism here. At the moment radical religiousity is the cause of world terrorism, in other times it was somethingelse although religion has featured strongly in terrorism throughout the ages. It seems there is always someone who thinks that making others fearfull is the way to assume power. You want to end terrorism, then end disadvantage but I expect it will be with us until Jesus returns
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 10:43 AM
    As long as nutcases and halfwits can be brainwashed into believing they have 72 virgins waiting for them if they kill someone by some so-called religious "Leader" with an agenda... its going to continue.

I mean what did all those virgins ever do to deserve that anyway?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 10:47 AM
    I live in Canada, and actually do not have any fear of terrorism either. I would say though that many people in certain parts of the world fear it. What is the fear caused from? People, organizations, religions?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCanada76 View Post
    What is the fear caused from? People, organizations, religions?
    Seriously, much of terrorism in the world today can be traced back to religion and the radical world view it promotes. We learned how political terrorism can do serious damage and we won't let it get going, but religiously based terrorism is harder to stamp out because it is targeting the uneducated and marginalised people within the 10-40 window.

The creation of the state of Israel unleased the beginnings of terrorism among these peoples and the relationship between Israel and its neighbours continues to be a breeding ground for terrorism. The conflict in Afghanistan has destabilised another region and is a breeding ground for terrorists in both Afghanistan and Pakistan with consequences in other places. Once radicals elsewhere saw what could be achieved they too took up the philosophy and the fight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The causes of terrorism in somalia [ 1 Answers ]

I Would Love To Get A Reported Reseacrch Work On The Above Topic "The Causes Of Terrorism In Somalia" Thanks In Anticipation.. .

Is this terrorism or stalking? [ 5 Answers ]

O.k. let me tell you what has been going on. My husband and I live in a bad part of town, so dealing with some not so nice people is exptected, however what has been going for months now goes beyond that. The area kids who are in a gang have been setting my car alarm off. Keep purposely doing it....

Looking for movie title (terrorism) [ 1 Answers ]

About two years ago I kept wanting to see a movie on the new release shelf, but never did. Now I can't remember the name o put it on my NetFlix account. Here is what I remember... The main plot has something to do with a pacifist (I think) who becomes a terrorist after something happens to him...

Precise solution against terrorism [ 12 Answers ]

What and how can we do somethiing, very innovative, sensible, diplomatic and politically correct, to eradicate terrorism from all across the world ?

The nature of terrorism [ 13 Answers ]

In January 2006, I answered a question on another Q&A board about the nature and causes of terrorism. Here is the original Q&A: However, in the wake of the attempted UK car bombings, I am forced to review this answer. Clearly the doctors in charge of the plot were not economically...

View more questions Search