Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevinski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Changing Air Filter on Carrier 58STA090 Unit
    Where is the air filter on a Carrier 58STA090 Gas Furnace? How often should it be changed? Can I do this myself?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Change it every few months unless it is a special high efficiency air cleaner. If the furnace is an upflow, the filter will be in the bottom, side of the furnace near the blower compartment, it could be inside the blower compartment also. If it is a counterflow furnace the filter will be above the furnace, again you may have to open the blower compartment and look up inside the ductwork to find them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is it? Carrier furnace filter [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not that handy but I'm learning. I have a five year old house I just bought and I don't know where is the furnace filter. My furnace is laying on its right side so any info will be great. Is it inside or on the bottom? The model is 58STA-58STX Carrier furnace. :confused:

Carrier 58STA090 - Hunter 44760 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 58STA 090 with 8 colored wired and currently a Robertshaw 9200 thermostat. Just bought a Hunter 44760 thermostat and am having a hard time connecting: Robertshaw old connection: W White Y Yellow G Green Rc Red Carrier wires: 8

Carrier Oil Furnace-Where can I buy the filter? [ 2 Answers ]

My CARRIER furnace model no is: FK4CNF002. The existing filter has these two numbers on it: KFAFK0212MED and 31-659-402. I'm not sure if this is an original filter or an improvised one. As I bought the house in 2005 and since then the filter hasn't been changed. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland....

Cold Air is coming from my Carrier Gas Pack Unit and I need Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas pack unit and the cooling part works properly. It's starting to get cold, so I turned on the heat, but only cold air blows out of it. I've contacted my gas company and they said there is no pilot light, so there is no way it could've gone out, and theytold me I should contact...

Please advice with changing fuel filter on my '90 Civic [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone offer advice on how I change the fuel filter on my Honda Civic 1990 , it is fuel injection. I hear that I first need to unbolt the banjo bolt but I don't know which one it is. It would be great if anyone knows of a place online that might have photo's on how to do this and...

View more questions Search