Ask
    JFMasai Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Would property tax increase if I add my brother's names to a deed
    Would property tax increase if I add my brother's names to a deed
    JFMasai Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Real Estate
    In Los Angeles county, California. If I add the names of my brothers to the deed, will it increase the property tax?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM

Of course not. Taxes are based on the value of the property. Will adding a name trigger your Town/City to take another look at the property? Possibly.

Please post each question once. We're all volunteers and it takes time to get around the Board.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2011, 12:53 PM

Asked and answered already on your other post {Threads merged}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add my son's name to my deed with both our names on property? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to add my sons name to my deed so both of us are on the title. What documents, paperwork, etc will I need

Can I add someone to my deed and refin into all names? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently built a house. The mortgage switched from construction to permanent in September 2008. However, my construction costs went waaaaay over, to the tune of $100,000 over (it's a long story, I had a lot of bad luck starting with a contractor disappearing with $40,000 in the very beginning)....

Addition of names to property deed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ! Thank you for reading my question. If my husband and I own our home as tenants in common, is it possible for him to add others (such as his adult son) to the deed without my knowledge, or would I need to sign off on such a transaction as well? Thank you .

Add Children's Names to Parents' Deed [ 2 Answers ]

Both of my parents are in declining health. To protect their home we would like to add the names of their three children to their deed. How can we do this?

View more questions Search