Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nappi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 05:20 AM
    Northeastern mountains in the US
    I am tracking down a specific location in the Northeastern states of the US. I only know it has a majestic mountain with a gorgeous lake below it. Where could it be?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2011, 05:31 AM
    The only great mountain cycling I've personnaly done is in Smuggler's Notch in Vermont. One of the toughest but rewarding and scenic climbs I've done. No gorgeous lake however.

Google Maps
    gypsydoctor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
    There are many possibilities. Try the following with Google/images:
    Lonesome lake
    Lake of the clouds nh
    Chocorua lake
    Mt katahdin
    nappi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 02:03 AM
    This question really shouldn't be under 'Cycling', I don't know why it did that. The mountain might also have a spiritual past, perhaps some native american history.

{Moved-<>}
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 2, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Mt. Katahdin definitely fits the bill. The view from Chimney Pond is amazing.

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 10:24 AM

Profile Lake in the Franconia Notch is another:

File:Profile lake.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best fm antenna for mountains [ 4 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could recommend a better FM antenna setup in upstate newyork catskill region.. I recently thought I upgraded by purchasing a new (made in china) iPod docking fm am radio boom box.. in fact I purchased two for the outdoors.. I discovered that both of these later design fm radio...

Who sings the country song, Mountains? [ 4 Answers ]

There is a country song out there called 'Mountains' and I am trying to find out who sings it. It talks about the fact that God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb. Any help? Thanks, Rhonda

There is a country song that has something to do with mountains, not by lonestar [ 1 Answers ]

There is a song that has to do with moving mountains or something along those lines but its not the one by lonestar.. it's a country song but I can't find the actual name or the artist. Does anyone know? Thanks! Randi

Songs on irish mountains [ 1 Answers ]

Name the Irish mountains made famous in song

Girl disguised as boy in mountains [ 1 Answers ]

All I remember about this movie was that there was a girl in the mountains who was disguised as a boy. Towards the end of the movie she takes off her hat and reveals her long hair shocking a boy who's up there with her. There may have been something about a hawk as well.

View more questions Search