Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlevinKelevra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 12:11 AM
    Network path not found
    Adding computer to domain but network path not found. When adding the computer I am prompted for domain login/password but then after I get the error message. I can ping the dc and the domain name. I think the problem is in AD
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 21, 2011, 12:43 PM
    I will answer as if you are using a windows based domain controller. You will need a user credential that has permission to add computers to the domain, most the time a standard user can not add a computer to the domain. Contact your IT person. Much the same holds true for Linux and Mac based domain controllers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network path not found [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wireless home network setup: a desktop connecting to the internet via cable modem and a laptop connecting via wireless router. The router is hard wired to the desktop. From the desktop I can see and access the shared files on the laptop, but when I try to view or access the...

Network path not found [ 1 Answers ]

Error net work path not found

The network path could not be found [ 2 Answers ]

I tried connecting my labtop to my computer but when I tried to do it. It said "network path could not be found. PLease help me fix my problem. Thank You

Network path not found ! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed a fresh windows 2003 server, and created just one user for testing purpose, and shared one directory on a different partion on the same hard disk. The problem is : I can log in with the user administrator from the workstation "WIN-XP running the latest update...

Network Path Not Found [ 1 Answers ]

I setup ADSL modem+router+firewall from one client computer on win 2003 domain server. Internet sharing is working fine within the network with IP class 192.168.16.x But the problem raise when I want to browse the mapping drive that had been set on the client computer I set the ADSL modem. I got...

View more questions Search