Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patrickosio3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Wireless router won't allow limewire or messenger
    How do I configure DLINK 108G MIMO router to allow limewire or MSN Messenger on others on my wireless (home) network? Keep getting message saying firewall blocking. I can't seem to get anywhere.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Feb 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickosio3
    How do I configure DLINK 108G MIMO router to allow limewire or MSN Messenger on others on my wireless (home) network? Keep getting message saying firewall blocking. I can't seem to get anywhere.
    Sounds like you need to open up your (firewall) ports...

Limewire (gnutella)
    6346 tcp & udp
    6347 tcp & udp

MSN Messenger
    TCP port 1863
    TCP port 6901 (possibly)
    TCP ports 6891 to 6900.
    UDP on ports 1503, 3389, 5004-65535

See PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall for details...

P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless router won't let me access certain domain/address [ 1 Answers ]

I have a D-Link wireless router which is servicing 2 laptops. I have trouble connecting to certain secure sites from the laptops but can do so fine with my main computer hard wired to the main router. I suspect the wireless router's default filtering/firewall is the culprit. How do I unset those...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

Use my NETGEAR WGR614 v5 Wireless router as a WAP? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so everyone said this would be easy. The kid at (insert popular electronics store here) said it would be no problem to use my already owned/unused router to set up a WAP that will connect with the other router in the house, so I can 1: hook my vonage device into my router, and 2:...

Map Ports For WinMx and a Wireless Router [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can map ports needed for WinMx to work on my Win XP machine that is connected to a D-Link wireless router and then a cable modem? All other apps work OK (IE6-etc) but when setting up WinMX (music sharing program) the setup tells me that it cannot set up TCP ports like 6699...

MSN messenger and wireless network [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Not sure whether I should have posted this here or in the network forum! I have intalled a wireless home netwrok and now find that my sons cannpot login to MSN Messenger. It seems to think that I have no connection. I am not a novie but I WOULD NEED TALKING TRHOUGH EACH STEP! I have...

View more questions Search