Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEKHELP Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Zoeller Check Valve
    I have a Zoeller ejector pump installed in my basement pit. I have a Zoeller check valve installed about 20" above the pit cover. The pump cycles about every two hours without any toilet or sink use. I can hear liquid flowing in the pipe. The system is about 18 months old and it was professionally installed. The two hour cycling problems started about one month ago. Is the check valve leaking? Is this a normal problem?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 31, 2011, 04:34 PM

Could be check valve but also could be leaking flush valve in a toilet somewhere.

Turn off water supply valve to toilets for a period, then check water level in tank. If water level has dropped flush valve is leaking causing ejector pump to activate.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2011, 10:11 AM
    You may be getting a back flow from an improperly installed connection to the main drain. The connection should be at least 45 degrees from plane to make sure it doesn't back into the new drain. That said, however, you may also have a bad check valve. You could also be getting in some ground drainage if there is a crack or hole in the sump basin. If you hear water flowing down the ejector outlet, you are getting flowback water from above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water problem - faulty check valve or mixing valve? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have a weird problem with hot water running cold in our apartment. At all of the faucets and taps we only get hot water for a minute or two and have to turn off the faucet/tap for 30 seconds and back on again to get hot water. Then the same thing happens again. To get continuous hot...

Zoeller ejector pump stopped working [ 6 Answers ]

I came out of my shower this morning to find my basement flooded because my ejector pit overflew. I tried unplugging and plugging my Zoeller pump in, but nothing. I JUST had this pump installed maybe a month ago after my Ridgid pump from Home Depot that I installed in January crapped out. I...

Check valve installation [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting back flow from washing machine into slop sink. Can a check valve be installed horizontially between sink and washing machine. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Check valve parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3/4 inch check valve on my hot water heater. It has a threaded top and a small side screw. My question is, do these go bad? What is the small screw for? What is the top access bolt for? I am getting hot water back flow through my cold water pipes. I can't get the top ov the valve off to...

View more questions Search