Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PunkRockHer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Did we go to the Moon?
    I have this debate a lot. I really hope we did go to the moon but I don't know. What do you think?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2007, 07:08 PM
    There is sufficient footage, photos, and testimony of the astronauts who did land on the moon, that there should not be a doubt that man landed on the moon. It was on television and at that time, television news was still trusted. Yes, there are always those who say it was all staged but there are also people who still say the Earth is flat.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
    There is no real debate, there are those just like the Kennedy shooting, the falling of the Twin towers, and a hundred other fringe groups that want to believe someone is up to something.
    FnOzi Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Being an Australian,I have reservations on MANY facts and figures put forward by your government.
    The more I read ,the more cynical I become in relation to the US Government(All governments for that matter).
    I suppose IF I were a Rhodes Scholar or a Mason I would be in the "IN CROWD".
    That not being the case,I question EVERYTHING!!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
    I have no doubts that man has mad it to the moon. When that TV "documentary" was making the rounds with its' conspiracy theory, I did some reading of my own and believe man did go to the moon. (See the Bad Astronomy write-up about that... ).

The larger question you should as is: Why haven't we gone back? ;)
    FnOzi Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jan 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
    I suppose the big question is "WHY DO WE DOUBT OUR LEADERS"?
    The answer is simple -
    Our lives are in the hands of Greedy politicians who have their own agendas.
    I live by the credo - Believe half of what you see,and none of what you hear.
    rob clark Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkRockHer
    I have this debate alot. I really hope we did go to the moon but I don't know. What do you think?
    We did the flag is still there
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
    I worked for NASA at the time of some of the Apollo missions and you may not be aware of this but the soviets tracked and monitored the progress of all those missions. If it had been fake, you can count on the fact that they would have let the world know about it-the space race was a major factor in the Cold War at the time.

You probably can't read all of it, by my avatar is a picture of my Operations Control ID badge from the Apollo XI mission.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 30, 2008, 12:06 AM
    I watched Shadow of the Moon the other night (Disc) and the astronauts commented on this at the end. One thing Buzz Aldrin said was "If we faked it, why did we fake it NINE TIMES?" <G>
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 08:14 AM
    As Jim said ;faking the Apollo missions would've been impossible to keep secret .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Harvest Moon [ 2 Answers ]

Sup. Id just like to know how to actually plant seeds on 'Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life' for gamecube. Any help would be great. Cheers Rost :rolleyes:

Questions about the moon? [ 17 Answers ]

I am doing a research project on the moon and need to receive answers from an expert. If you know a lot about astronomy please give me your opinion on these questions, even if you are not an expert it will help me to survey what people know about the moon. What is the future of moon exploration?...

Harvest Moon [ 8 Answers ]

I played Harvest Moon once on PS2, but I now have an XBox. Does anyone know of a game that is similar to Harvest Moon that I can play on XBox? Because as far as I know, it's not available on XBox. Thanks! :)

Second on the moon? [ 8 Answers ]

Which country do you people think will put a man on the moon next? Russia China India European Space Agency Iraq

Blue Moon [ 2 Answers ]

I've been trying to find out who owns the yacht Blue Moon since it was featured in a TV documentary.

View more questions Search