Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statro34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting?
    I have two of the same harbor breeze ceiling fans with remote controls. One of the remotes is missing. Why can't the other remote work for the this fan?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 06:50 PM

I apologize for missing your question.

Is there a set of "DIP" switches on the remote.

This would be a row of switches that determines the freq. of the fan.

If there is, then that might be the problem.

Make sure both fans are set to the same switch config. As the remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 12:14 PM

Don is correct. It would be much easier to obtain a replacement remote from the manufacturer.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    msh5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Why would the light pull chain shock you even when its off?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my Harbor Breeze Fan for approximately 6 years. Recently it started making a noice (like loose bearings - if that makes sense to you). Suddenly, my fan stopped working. The lights inside the casing and in the light kit are working but the fan doesn't work at all. I love the fan and...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Armitage ceiling fan that was installed about 2 years ago. Several weeks ago, I turned it on at the wall switch as usual. Athe light came on but the blades do not move. I hear a humming noise when it is turned on. I have read about a "capacitator" part that may need to be...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan that has a remote. I connot use the remote to turn on the ceiling fan or lights. I can still turn the light on with the pull chain, but the ceilling fan and the light are on, I got flicker on the light bulbs. Please help.

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

Our fan and light worked fine up to about three months ago when the light stopped working. I removed the bulb, thinking it needed replacement but it looked fine. It was tested at the hardware store and they confirmed nothing is wrong with it. Remote shows ability to adjust level but nothing...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan that has a remote and no pull chains it was working fine until I blow a breaker in the room, fan works but light won't come on. Changed all three bulbs one was blown and just got a little flicker in one or two light bulbs but light still won't work help please

View more questions Search