speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Quit whining. Geez....
    :rolleyes:
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2011, 08:00 AM

Global warming is REAL! But the main source of it is being kept very quiet!
    How many motor vehicles do you suppose are being used in the world today, on a daily basis? Do any of them have catalytic converters? Why do they need them? Think back to your physics classes, if you had any. For those of you who did have those classes, ask yourself, why is the catalytic converter getting HOT on your vehicle? Can that heat be achieved without any energy? Not according to laws of physics as they are taught in schools today! Way back in the 1930's, a Canadian by the name of Charles N. Pogue invented a carbureator (look it up!) that was claimed to get 200 MPG (miles per gallon). What do you suppose was the typical weight of those 1930 vintage cars? They were made of REAL STEEL, not plastic crap! Pogue carburetors worked on micro-vaporizaion principles -- using nearly ALL the energy in the gasoline! Why are catalytic converters HOT? Because of the UNburned gasoline that is burned in them, which does NOT contribute to moving your vehicle down the road! Why do you think all the vehicle manufacturers went to fuel injectors instead of carburetors? The fuel is injected as a LIQUID under high pressure -- instead of as a vapor under less than atmospreic pressure! That GUARANTEES that all the fuel CANNOT be burned in the engine, wasting probably 80-90% of it, because oxygen molecules cannot get to every molecule of the fuel, since it is NOT vaporized adequately! But don't worry, that 80-90% of your $4 per gallon fuel is NOT going to complete waste! It is WARMING UP OUR GLOBE -- I would call THAT Global Warming!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2011, 06:04 PM

Time for the tin foil hats everyone.
    Attached Images

TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 14, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by infoguy View Post
    Global warming is REAL! But the main source of it is being kept very quiet!
    How many motor vehicles do you suppose are being used in the world today, on a daily basis? Do any of them have catalytic converters? Why do they need them? Think back to your physics classes, if you had any. For those of you who did have those classes, ask yourself, why is the catalytic converter getting HOT on your vehicle? Can that heat be achieved without any energy? Not according to laws of physics as they are taught in schools today! Way back in the 1930's, a Canadian by the name of Charles N. Pogue invented a carbureator (look it up!) that was claimed to get 200 MPG (miles per gallon). What do you suppose was the typical weight of those 1930 vintage cars? They were made of REAL STEEL, not plastic crap! Pogue carburetors worked on micro-vaporizaion principles -- using nearly ALL the energy in the gasoline! Why are catalytic converters HOT? Because of the UNburned gasoline that is burned in them, which does NOT contribute to moving your vehicle down the road! Why do you think all the vehicle manufacturers went to fuel injectors instead of carburetors? The fuel is injected as a LIQUID under high pressure -- instead of as a vapor under less than atmospreic pressure! That GUARANTEES that all the fuel CANNOT be burned in the engine, wasting probably 80-90% of it, because oxygen molecules cannot get to every molecule of the fuel, since it is NOT vaporized adequately! But don't worry, that 80-90% of your $4 per gallon fuel is NOT going to complete waste! It is WARMING UP OUR GLOBE -- I would call THAT Global Warming!

Hi Info,

In a way you are correct. What you have described is basically the second law of thermodynamics in operation. One of the reasons we are pumping so much CO2 into the air is because of this second law. There is no way around it at the moment.

If you have one of the old incandescent light bulbs you can see this principle in operation for yourself. The bulb needs to on for only about 30 seconds and it becomes impossible to touch without burning your hand. We didn't switch the light on to generate heat, yet this is what it is producing in large amounts. It takes a lot of energy to generate heat and generation usually requires fossil fuels. If we could get rid of the heat then we would uses less energy for lighting thus reducing our carbon footprint. Hence the new type of bulbs. They generate far less heat than the old type.

At the moment we cannot achieve 100% efficiency in any of the equipment we use in our day to day lives. So yes, when it comes to motorcars in terms of the heat, noise and friction produced they could be seen as being very inefficient.

Tut

Jul 14, 2011, 10:28 PM
    Tut317, the main point I was trying to address is the thermal discharge from internal combustion engines in motor vehicles equipped with fuel injectors and catalytic converters. How you morphed that into a carbon dioxide issue is a mystery to me! All humans exhale, and breathe out carbon dioxide (CO2). That has always been the case. Personally, I don't buy into the CO2 bashing. Have you ever used a hair dryer? Does it pour out huge amounts of CO2, or just heat the air mixture that it draws in? We do ourselves a huge disservice by equating all warming with carbon dioxide! Besides, the animal kingdom and the plant kingdom are in a mutually beneficial relationship. We need oxygen and they need carbon dioxide! But who needs catalytic converters? NOBODY, if we could get fuel efficiency above 90%.. . But the oil industry wants us to have fuel efficiency (fuel mileage) as low as possible! One way they have achieved that, was to reformulate the fuels so that the droplets had high surface tension, making it very difficult to completely vaporize the liquid fuel. Reformulation was exactly what intentionally killed Charles Pogue's super carburetor designs, because the principle no longer worked on the new fuels. The result is, only ten to twenty percent of the expensive fossel fuel you buy today is converted to mechanical energy, and the rest (eighty to ninety percent of your expensive fuel) is delivered into your catalytic converter, to FINISH burning at extermely high temperature! What mixtures and/or compounds of elements (from the periodic table of elements) is discharged from the tailpipes, I cannot say, but how much HEAT is being released into our atmospere from all those horrendously inefficient machines? There have been a scant few clever people who have come up with methods to circumvent the intentionally high INefficiency of internal combustion fuels, such as using catalytic cracking to reformulate the fuel "on the fly," making it possible to vaporize it much more completely. But it is nearly impossible to vaporize (or, more correctly stated, put air spaces between molecules of) fossel fuels that are being delivered into combustion chambers as a liquid, under high pressure.. . Which is exactly why the oil companies like fuel injectors so much more than carburetors! Oil companies are virtually assured that we will have terrible fuel mileage, as compared to the 200 MPG figure that was demonstrated with the Pogue carburetor, around 80 years ago, on huge, heavy cars with monstrous engines in them!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 02:28 AM

I invented a perpetual motion machine yesterday . I won't show you how it works .But trust me it does. Good call smoothy .
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 15, 2011, 03:10 AM
    Tut317, the main point I was trying to address is the thermal discharge from internal combustion engines in motor vehicles equipped with fuel injectors and catalytic convertors. How you morphed that into a carbon dioxide issue is a mystery to me!
    Hi Info,

You obviously know a lot about motorcars but I think you are going to have problems if you claim that heat produced by machines contributes to global warming ( I think this is what you are claiming ). Heat dissipates into the atmosphere very quickly. I guess this is why car radiators work so well.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 03:36 AM

snopes.com: Miracle Carburetor

Fusion power is more promising .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I invented a perpetual motion machine yesterday . I won't show you how it works .But trust me it does. Good call smoothy .
    +Tom you missed the market someone wanted me to invest in one ten years ago, he had good data but couldn't get it beyond miniture
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 05:30 AM
    snopes.com: Miracle Carburetor

Fusion power is more promising .
    Good find. Well done.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 06:09 AM

The entabulator
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 06:12 AM
    My favorite has always been: ‪Rockwell Retro Encabulator‬‏ - YouTube

Jul 15, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Tut317, in response to your comment, "You obviously know a lot about motorcars but I think you are going to have problems if you claim that heat produced by machines contributes to global warming ( I think this is what you are claiming ). Heat dissipates into the atmosphere very quickly. I guess this is why car radiators work so well."

... may I suggest you take a look at what the United States Environmental Protection Agency said about that?
    The title of the official information release is, "E.P.A. Says Catalytic Converter Is Growing Cause of Global Warming" A link you can copy and paste is below, if it does not work as a clickable hyperlink. So, would you like to reconsider your position on that now?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/922792/posts
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 07:03 AM

Got to love the irony . Let's get rid of the converters to save the planet . Doesn't matter in the least that before the converters you could see the blue smog hovering over every decent sized city .

The EPA is in over it's head . I don't blame them .The politicians gave them a mandate and the unelected judiciary confirmed the idiotic decision that CO2 is a pollutant .

Jul 15, 2011, 07:23 AM
    Tomder55, your posting, "gotta love the irony . Let's get rid of the converters to save the planet . Doesn't matter in the least that before the converters you could see the blue smog hovering over every decent sized city."

... is indeed, an accurate statement. And, yes, I do think getting rid of THE NEED FOR catalytic converters is a possible solution to reducing global warming! Fuel efficiency sucks today, as a general rule. It has been proven time and time again, that it can be drastically improved. Do a little research on GEET Technology. The inventor of that was thrown in jail! Who arranged that? People who have built on his research have had very good results, with almost NO measurable polutants... and with almost NO HEAT coming out of the exhaust!
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 07:59 AM
    Tomder55, your posting, "gotta love the irony . Let's get rid of the converters to save the planet . Doesn't matter in the least that before the converters you could see the blue smog hovering over every decent sized city."

... is indeed, an accurate statement. And, yes, I do think geetting rid of THE NEED FOR catalytic converters is a possible solution to reducing global warming! Fuel efficiency sucks today, as a general rule. It has been proven time and time again, that it can be drastically improved. Do a little research on GEET Technology. The inventor of that was thrown in jail! Who arranged that? People who have built on his research have had very good results, with almost NO measurable polutants ... and with almost NO HEAT coming out of the exhaust!
    You mean this?

How can that power a vehicle?

I've read Mr. Pantone has scammed demos of this and has a few issues with mental stability.

If you get your information from freerepublic.com you may come out misinformed quite often.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 08:02 AM

Yeah every day I tell my wife... "if only they could invent a machine that heats up volitile fuels to plasma and vapors, that I could sit on top of to get to work every day, then all our problems would be solved ." I suspect in short time I'd be carbon neutral.
    My Flux Capacitor is almost complete and ready for testing .

Jul 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
    ...My Flux Capacitor is almost complete and ready for testing .
    Don't you think that statement is a little off topic? Plasma is a REAL PHYSICAL phenomenon, and CAN change characteristics of chemicals and compounds!
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Plasma is a REAL PHYSICAL phenomenon, and CAN change characteristics of chemicals and compounds!
    Well that's true:
    Plasma (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which type of plasma are you referring to and how does it change the characteristics of chemicals and compounds?

Jul 15, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You mean this?

How can that power a vehicle?

I've read Mr. Pantone has scammed demos of this and has a few issues with mental stability.

If you get your information from freerepublic.com you may come out misinformed quite often.
    Yes sir, you found it! United States Patent Number 5794601, issued to... you guessed it! Paul Pantone! By the way, the world-wide results can be easily found by using the following search terms on Google:

Geet "closed loop" patent

If Pantone was running a scam, how do you suppose he got it patented? I pesonally had three U.S. patents, and the proofs had to scientifically sound, or the patent attorneys would NOT allow any claims that had not been demonstrated! Now, about "closed loop" operation, how do you suppose any pollution would get out if there is no path to the outside, as demonstrated on numerous videos you can find with the same Google search, starting with lawnmowers? Do you suppose man will never fly? That was what many people and so-called scientists told the Wright brothers.. . Before the actually started flying!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another rift in the Climate Change ranks [ 11 Answers ]

It seems the idea that man can affect the outcome in dealing with climate change is rapidly coming apart, even the guy who started the idea of global warming says nothing will be achieved at Copenhagen because the approach is fundamentally flawed Global warming 'godfather' goes cold on...

Climate change causes political revolt [ 25 Answers ]

An impending vote on cap and trade legislation has caused a revolt in the Australian parliament which could spill leadership of the key opposition party as the government attempts to stitch up its position ahead of Copenhagen. Abbott to challenge Turnbull This revolt is led by climate change...

Climate change scam uncovered? [ 75 Answers ]

Someone has seemingly hacked emails from the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit that appear to show a conspiracy to hide data that doesn't fit the climate change rhetoric. And yes, the director of the unit has said the emails seem to be genuine. Some samples: Hiding and...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

Climate change 'crisis' clearing up [ 25 Answers ]

With a hat tip to Walter Williams for the heads up, from Senator James Inhofe's blog... As Williams points out this is nothing new - but it is getting clearer that behind this whole climate change 'crisis' is an agenda to be furthered at all cost, much like the left's obsession with...

View more questions Search