Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patrickosio3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 03:00 PM
    GE Ice Dispenser motor kaput!
    I have a 2 year old GE GSS20I model fridge. Ice dispenser on door doesn't come on. We have checked to see if there is an obstruction or a frozen part (in a freezer!) but no luck. Doesn't "whir" or anything. Is there a fuse? GE wants to send a guy out instead of talking to me over the phone. Everything else works. Water dispenses & light on door comes on.
    HELP
    kevin1000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Jan 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Removed ice bucket in freezer and see if there a lot of ice build up around the auger motor/shaft(look like a fork). Check and see if you turn the auger motor by hand,if not then your motor may be frozen,try heat up the motor/shaft with hair dryer . If motor OK then you might need to remove the assembly by removing 2,or 4 screw that hold the auger assembly and see the connection to motor and harness assembly that plug in to the cabinet make sure they are tight.If all checked OK then you need to call tech out.
    Possibility that the dispenser or main board in back of fridge is defective.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove softener dispenser [ 5 Answers ]

Hi--have an older KitchenAid washing machine (no instruction manual) and am wondering how to remove the top of the softener dispenser so I can clean it. The softener is added through a hole at the top of the agitator. I had another washer which worked the same way and you could just lift the top...

GE water dispenser won't stop! [ 5 Answers ]

When I went to get some water from my GE water dispenser, the water would not stop coming out. I had to finally pull out the refrigerator and turn off the shut-off valve. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can I fix the problem?:eek:

Water Dispenser not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE SS refrig. The water dispenser stopped working. I determined that the water valve in the back was bad and I've replaced it. Now, I'm getting water to the door (disconnect the tube in front, hit the dispenser lever and water flows), but not to the dispenser. I've tried...

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search