Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnRose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Privacy act violations?
    I applied for a job with the federal government. I was called by a close friend to say I got the job. I also received another email from another friend, a contractor who said welcome in into the job. Once this info was realsed by the selection official someone who knew me made a call and advised the selection Offcial of some past history and I was not selected. Both people who told me I was selected were not part of the selection. They should not have even knew I was selected the Seletion official told some people and then reversed what he told people. I beielve ethic and privacy rules were completely violated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 06:25 PM

They surely were and I am sure if you report it, the people who called you will have a warning put in their file.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRose View Post
    I beielve ethic and privacy rules were completely violated.
    Hello John:

It's true. But they are NOT violations of the Privacy Act.. Although it LOOKS like that act would protect you, it DOESN'T. It protects company's FROM you.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 1, 2011, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    ... NOT violations of the Privacy Act. ...
    What's this "the Privacy Act" of which you write?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2011, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    What's this "the Privacy Act" of which you write?
    Hello lawyer:

The Privacy Act of 1974.
    It's the only privacy act I know of.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of Privacy Act? My privacy rights violated? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord in retaliation for me serving him with a 60 day notice to move because he failed to fix problems told a creditor who was only calling to verify my resident that the vendor denied me the credit I needed because of that statement. Were my rights violated? Terry

Privacy act violations at an auto dealership [ 1 Answers ]

If an Auto dealership is throwing peoples dates of birth, social security numbers and names in open garbage are they responsible for privacy act violations by not shredding or protecting this personal information?

Privacy violations? [ 16 Answers ]

My son stepped on a nail in the neighbors yard, I cleaned it and looked at it a little better and cleaned it again with peroxide and bandaged it. This happened Sunday 15th 2009. No school on Monday so I continued cleaning it and Tuesday I sent him to school after cleaning it again and not seeing...

Privacy Law Violations [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any legal recourse if a hospital has released your full name, date of birth and social security number to a private citizen? (Mailing error)

Privacy violations with Pa. State medicaid [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have the Access Plus or Pa. state medicaid insurance. To understand my questions it is important to know that I have been divorced since 2001 and have not had my ex-husbands insurance(BC&BS) even before then. My ex-husband blirted out to me several months ago after an arquement that I...

View more questions Search