Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2011, 04:17 PM
    It's like what I did doesn't even count! How can I reach my goal?
    Upon graduating High School, I went straight to a community college (CUNY SCHOOL). I was young, and unsure of what I wanted to do. I switched majors a couple of times, and because of issues at home I had to start working full-time. I couldn't handle going to school full-time, and working full-time. I left the community college, but my GPA was already terrible. I don't blame it on having to work. It was completely my fault. I wasn't serious about my education then.

After working full-time for a few years, the company went out of business and so I took it as an opportunity to go back to school full-time. This time I was completely ready. I have always had an interest in the medical field, and so I went to a private school for an AOS in Medical Assisting. I graduated with a 3.92 GPA, and I worked very hard for it.

I wanted to continue my education at Lehman College which is a CUNY school. I wanted to go there for a BS in Biology, and then transfer to a Physician Assistant Program. I applied in March, and I just got the decision not to long ago. I wasn't accepted. It turns out that the work that I did at the private college did not count for nothing. They said I had to get my GPA up. The only thing that really counted on my application was the poor grades I received when I was in the community college.

I feel terrible because I worked so hard. I called the admissions office to speak to them and explain my situation. I wanted to see if there was something I could do. I know I made mistakes in the past, but I worked hard. However, the counselor told me, "It's a private school. It doesn't count". (It's an accredited private college though.)

So now, I don't know what to do. I'm scared to go back to a community college and fix that GPA only for them to still say they won't accept me because of the bad grades that will be on my transcript from the past.

Am I doomed to never being able to move forward?

Check out some similar questions!

If a goal is to accumulate $250,000 in account how many years will it take to reach? [ 3 Answers ]

John Roberts has $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and he plans to contribute an additional $5,000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual return of 12 percent. If John’s goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years will it take for...

Time to reach a financial goal [ 1 Answers ]

You have $42180.53 in a brokerage accuont, and you plan to deposit an additional $5000 at the end of every future year until your account totals $250000. You expect to earn 12 percent annually on the account. How many years will it take to reach your goal?

Time to reach a financial goal [ 1 Answers ]

You have $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and you plan to deposit an additional $5000 at the end of every future year until your account totals 250,000. You expect to earn 12 percent annually on the account. How many years will it take to reach your goal? I am using a financial...

Reach my goal [ 1 Answers ]

I have $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and I plan to contribute an additional $5000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual return of 12%. If my goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years will it take me to reach my goal.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.