Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurohouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 11:58 AM
    I don't know what to do
    I'm in pain now. At the same time I have no will to live, I can't kill myself. When I try to talk to my parents about it, they just say I'm exaggerating and my friends tell me that I'm stupid. I want to talk to someone, but now I'm afraid to expose my feelings. I don't know what to do anymore...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 12:03 PM

Why do you feel the way you do, kurohouse? Explain to me the downside of your life as it is today and maybe we can work it out for you. You can remain anonymous, so don't be afraid to write here.

Tick
    kurohouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    My brother is always making fun of me in front of my parents and in front of my friends, and he says very hurtful things. I have already tried to talk to him and to my parents, but it didn't change. Every time I talk with my friends about my fears of being alone or about how I'm feeling bad, they just tell me I'm being stupid. Everyday my parents get mad at me and criticize me. And I'm always trying to do the most I can to please them, but they never seem to notice it. With my friends is the same. If I'm feeling down and I show it, they say I'm being annoying, like my mother does. I know they like me, but it hurts, so I just don't want to tell them anything and keep everything for myself. I feel like I'm not good enough for them. I miss kindness and love, but I pretend I don't care.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Kurohouse, how old are you? At the very least I'm sure there is a counselor at school you can talk to. Never fall for that lie that there is no hope. Hang in there.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

May 29, 2011, 06:12 PM

You say that your Parents criticize and get mad at you... How so?

What are things that they say to you? Why are they getting mad at you?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 29, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    Indeed, it sounds like an extremely dysfunctional situation. But it is one side of the story too. I suggested the school counselor since it's an outlet that doesn't need to go through the family first.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

May 29, 2011, 06:37 PM

Haunting, suggesting that was a great idea...

One thing I've learned is that there are two sides to every story. If Kuro could provide us with a little more information, that would help us out.

I'm just trying to figure out why EVERYBODY seems to have it out for Kuro.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 2, 2011, 04:45 AM
    When we are afraid to be alone, when we are down but can't explain it, when we try to please instead of living for ourselves - people see us as needy. They don't know what to do and feel a little guilty and a lot uncomfortable, and it drives them away or makes them critical. The more we feel rejected, the needier we get. How do we break the cycle? For starters, by forcing ourselves to have interests that are ours only - a skill to learn, a subject to read, a pet to love and care for, a babysitting job. I would suggest all 4.
    If you are so depressed and wishing to be dead that you can't do any of them, you need to tell an adult, a parent or someone at school, that in no uncertain terms. You need therapy. When you are young (which you sound), it is difficult enough to explain feelings, but especially where those feelings came from.
    tmtrotminor Posts: 38, Reputation: 15

Jun 2, 2011, 01:15 PM

Start by trying to love yourself. Realize that you being you is an amazing thing in itself. You are justified, you are worthy because you've made it this far.
    Make plans for the future, and form some independence. Find a job, or do something to make money if you're not old enough for that.
    If you have plans for a future, you have a reason to live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search