Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherctwins Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Can my husband adopted my twins when the father is not in the picture
    The father of the twins already fought for the twins on being adopted and he won so I wasn't allowed to do so the father is not the birth certificate and he does nuthing to help or support the twins the father is not in the picture he is in and out of jail doing drugs and I was woundering if my husband can adopted my twins
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2011, 10:51 AM

You are saying your husband already tried to adopt and the father refused permission. Unless you can get him to change his mind, its unlikely. However, given his criminal record, it may be possible. You need to consult a Family Law attorney where yo9u live to determine whether a court will issue a TPR in these circumstances.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 11:27 AM

Yes, unless the bio father will give his permission, or you file in court and he does not show up to defend his case, it is not likely that the court will allow the new husband to adopt

May 29, 2011, 09:30 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    No my husband never tried, when I was pregnant I was consdering the adoption and the court served the father and he fought it, but now he is not in the pic at all I was hopeing that I could try again and have my husband adopt them

May 29, 2011, 09:30 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thank you for the advice :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2011, 03:22 AM

First, when posting a follow-up question or info, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page rather than the Comments.

He is still the father, which means he is in the picture as far as the law is concerned.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First, when posting a followup question or info, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page rather than the Comments.

He is still the father, which means he is in the picture as far as the law is concerned.
    Something doesn't make sense here. This was posted by the OP.

(quote):
    no my husband never tried, wen i was pregnant i was consdering the adoption and the court served the father and he faught it, but now he is not in the pic at all i was hopeing that i could try again and have my husband adopt them
    (end quote)

If she was married to the husband at the time of birth and if there has been no challenges then her husband "is" the legal father if they were married at the time.

To OP:

We need some kind of timeline to straighten this out. Were you married to your current husband at the time of the birth ?

May 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    No I was not married I was single when I found out I was pregnant and after I had the twins I met my husband
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2011, 11:40 AM

Thank you for clearing that up. It makes a huge difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband was adopted. [ 4 Answers ]

He has the original birth certificate. He has the name of adoption place. He even has his biological mothers name and birth date. He has her address at the time of the adoption (but that was 41 years ago) Still he can not find her on all the websites for find people? Where to from here?

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Single Mom Twins Horrible Father [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Im an 18 year old single mom of twin girls. Alexa and Jade. They were born prematurely and Jade passed away after 10 days and now I have Alexa. Alexa has been in my care only since she was born and I do not work I stay at home with her. We recently just had a custody battle with her...

View more questions Search