Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    circles102 Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 28, 2011, 10:35 AM
    What does it mean when a girl say you were playing with her feelings?
    I used to like this girl, a lot... she used to be really nice but it seemed like over night she started to hate me, even though we were still friends, she started being mean to me, but I had never done anything wrong to her, so eventually I decided to act mean to her to show her how it felt, which was one of the stupidest things Ive ever done, because after that we promised never to speak to each other again. (I guess I did it because I was super pissed off and wanted to get back at her for hurting me like she did).

So a couple days later and we kept our promise, and id really gotten over her, started talking to new people but there was still the lingering feeling that I didn't know what went wrong. So I asked my friend to ask her "what happened between you two?".

She tells me that the girl says she was pissed because I was playing with her emotions, like "one day he likes me the next day he doesn't", and maybe she did like me, but I still don't know why she was mean to me, I mean she had her "boyfriend" on the other side of the country, but I never asked he out or anything... so I still if she did like me, even a little, and only for a while, why would she be such a hypocrite?

By the way this isn't the same person from my question about the shy girl
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 28, 2011, 12:44 PM

How old are you?

Were you in a relationship and broke up?

More info please.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2011, 09:18 PM

I think what we have here was a failure to communicate, as she just didn't feel wanted enough, or she felt like you were not that into her enough. Now this is only from her side of things, and it could be she was wrong, and just misunderstood you.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

May 28, 2011, 11:08 PM
    There's not much you can do now except let it go. Obviously something happened to make her mad at you but, you blew your chance to ask and find out. Next time ask!

Let the dust settle, then perhaps you can be on speaking terms with each other... eventually.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 29, 2011, 02:32 AM

Let it go-when people are playing games- step away.

Find new people to befriend and leave this in the past.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
    Well if you have moved on I wouldn't lose too much sleep over her. You said she was shy and you were not to sure how to talk with her. Maybe her shyness and you trying to approach her just sent mixed signals.

May 29, 2011, 10:52 PM
    OK, flower person, if your talking about the person from my last question, it's a different person,

And amicon, I'm in high school, she's in my grade she always talks about her "boyfriend" who is quite a ways away, when I first met her she was really nice, soon as she starts thinking I like her she gets all negative towards me, not a lot of people like her, and she can never take things seriously, she made fun of me a lot... we still hung out everyday basically, along with her *** hole friend who I hate and tries her hardest to screw me over with everything. And no we were never in a "relationship" because of her "Boyfriend/obsession"

So basically my question was what did I do wrong. And I tried to make it seem like I wasn't that into her so that maybe shed stop being mean to me, nut it didn't work, it only made her mad at me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2011, 05:05 AM

Maybe you should take the hint and leave her and her friend alone. She may have issues, so why are you trying so hard to make her a friend when she doesn't know how to be one herself?

Learning to back away from some people would be a skill that you can stand to learn, because people are just people, and you won't get along with some of them all the time, so waste no more time with this person.

You tried, it didn't work, and the lesson to learn is, everyone is not friendly, or friend material, nor worth your time, and good will. You simply leave them alone. You surely will never change them, nor understand them sometimes.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by circles102 View Post
    ok, flower person, if your talking about the person from my last question, its a different person
    Good grief how many girls are you on here asking about? Figure one out at a time.

OK so the saying is treat others as you like to be treated. If she treated you in a bad way why would you play the same game? Don't act like children. Treat her with they way you like her. If she doesn't respond in a positive way then I guess she isn't in to you or the one for you.

Plus if she has a boyfriend its best to only admire her from a distance before things go to far.

May 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Comment on 88sunflower's post
    Sorry for the misconseption. I made the choice to forget about the girl for quite a while now, I just wanted to figure out why she was so mad. I only started talking to the other girl about five months later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seems to me like a girl is playing me, so to speak. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I apologize for not being on this site lately. Lifes been life with college and what not. But any who I know I can always come to you guys for help because my last situation was eased because of all of the advice given from you guys. And I apologize for this long story, but please...

Is she just playing with my feelings? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this girl that I really like Initially we were just friends but I came to find out that she really liked me even then but did not tell me. Several months ago, we started hanging out more often and I really did not like her that much at first but as time went on I started getting...

Ex girl playing games or not [ 2 Answers ]

What to about an ex-girlfriend who I know still loves me a whole lot, and I would love to have her back in my life even though I considered her the anit=christ for all the BS she did to me after we broke up. She brings it to me but then it seems like to me she is playing games. I think she is...

My boyfriend playing with my feelings [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend says he loves me and actually we've been living together for 2 years now and have a lot of plans for the future. But the thing hehas recently done amazed me and I'm in two minds if I should leave him or not. He began communicating with a girl - an acquaintance of mine - so that she...

View more questions Search