Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 06:08 AM

It is the way it is because if it wasn't the way it is you wouldn't be here asking why it is the way it is.

What I mean to say is that we are looking back on everything that has happened in the entirety of the universe and saying "wow! it's really unlikely for things to turn out this way without any kind of guidance", and for some people this is enough to conclude that there must have been some kind of guidance.

But we must remember that things have to turn out somehow, no matter how unlikely it is to get a specific 6 numbers in the lottery, if we were the 6 numbers that did appear, we would be like "wow! it's really unlikely for things to turn out this way without any kind of guidance". But it happened. There is no why about it. It's just the way things are and there's no intelligence behind the universe, there's nothing that decides how or why. It just is the way it is, no matter how unlikely that would have been at the very beginning, luck turned out to make the world the way it is today.

Does that help? (I don't think it does:))

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Big Bang [ 6 Answers ]

If the Big Bang was as described, how come the Univese is homogenous. Why are the galazies and other matter not formed in the shape of a hollow sphere, much like the remnant of a supernova, (minus the stellar remnant at the centre)? The only explanation I can imagine is that the Big Bang was not an...

The big bang [ 5 Answers ]

I find it brain exploding as to what the universe is about. Sure, the God illusion is the easy way to explain it. But what is really going on? The shere size of the universe is mind boggling. How did this originate? How did we come to be? God is a very weak explanation. For those who understand...

Re-creating The Big Bang [ 5 Answers ]

Morning All! Has anyone else been following this story about the CERN Lab in Switzerland / France? BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Cern lab set for beam milestone I love it when scientists mess around with stuff and they don't REALLY know what's going to happen... especially when they're...

Big Bang [ 7 Answers ]

What proof is there that the universe began from a big bang I know it's expanding but what else?

Big bang [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my furnace puff loudly when first ignighting? It's a natural gas Hydro Therm with two burners. The pilot seems to be resting close to the primary burner? Help My furnace seems to let out a loud pop when ignighting it's a natural gas two burner Hydro Therm pilot seems to be close to...

View more questions Search