Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ydaisysm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 03:27 AM
    I'm bi and my lifes really complicated and I'm not sure what to do
    I'm 16 years old and realized I was bi in September when I started kissing my female friends, and having been in denial about finding girls attractive for some time I then realized that I was.
    At sleepover the other week the 4 of us that are bi snuck out to play spin the bottle and one of my friends that was there had never kissed a girl before and the next day she told me that she had a crush on me, I thanked her for telling me but told her I didn't like her back. Since then she's been acting awkwardly and occasionally moody around me.

I like my best friend and told her so, knowing she didn't like me back. She knows how confused I am but our friendship isn't the same anymore like she promised me that it would be. She keeps making sure we only really hang out around other people and on the rare occasions we are alone it feels really awkward and we don't really talk like we used to.

I also have a slight crush on a friend of a friend who I've not met yet but she says she really likes me, but I'm not sure if she means it and we haven't talked in days when she said how much she wanted me sexually.
    I said it was confusing, does anyone have any advice at all??
    quilter127 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 04:30 AM
    You have admitted that you are confused. You are very young still and things could change. Hormones to strange things. You may find years from now that you may not have been bi but very confused due to hormone changes. Take life one day at a time and good luck.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

May 27, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Your situation is complicated but not confusing at all. You find both boys and girls and attractive, nothing wrong wit that.

The situation with your friend is typical. You have a crush on her, if she is not bi, than it would be awkward for her to be alone with you. Take the relationship with stride. You did the right thing being honest with her (and to yourself). Do not regret it, ever.

You are in a confusing time age-wise, and throwing your new revelation into the mix is going to make it a bit more complicated, but keep you head up, you're realizing who you are as a person.

Moving forward, you may want to feel out the situation (girl or guy) and make sure the person you are crushing on will accept the idea of you being bi. Don't be too quick to catch strong feelings for someone without first knowing a relationship is possible.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 27, 2011, 03:55 PM

Don't get involved sexually when you are confused about the feelings, or intentions of another. That applies to gay, bi, or straight, doesn't matter. Talking sex with any one changes any relationship, so be careful how you express yourself to others. Trust me, your friends are as confused as you are.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2011, 07:24 PM

I will address your "friend" does not matter if bi or straight or gay, if you are a friend, and you admit there are other feelings, and they are not returned, it normally destroys that friendship, since the other person can not just shut off how they feel and now can not go back to like it was before
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 06:03 AM

At 16 I question whether anyone is mature enough to begin a sexual relationship with a partner of either sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lifes stresses [ 2 Answers ]

I feel so stressed out... I get stress from my relationship with my girlfriend, my mum and step dad, my dad and my friends. I also feel very stressed out about my future... (I am 18 and still in education) I want the best for myself and I want to make my family proud and happy but sometimes I...

I was too late and now lifes is hell [ 2 Answers ]

I am friends with this girl and I always liked her I met her over the summer and we clicked. I was scared to ask her out and tell her how I felt but I finally did after waiting a long time and she told me that if I had only done it sooner there would have been hope. She said that we could still be...

Lifes stittuation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Here is my story I think that my children hate me because . I was very young when I give birth to my daughter I was 16 years old and how I concived her was that I was force to have sex when I didn't want to . And this had been going on often with different older teenages in the apt....

Personal property lifes work [ 3 Answers ]

I fell on hard times and needed some quick cash for girlfriend.. I used to be a pro wrestling photographer.. I told my good friend I would give him all my photos like 8000 of them and told him to pick 500 of them and give me 300 dollars and I also gave him about 6000 negatives as well and told hime...

Love Problems Lifes in general [ 1 Answers ]

Feel so down I read cards but want someone to read for me as my lifes a big mess Am out of work (accident to leg) no money. Marriage of 15 years too far gone to fix so we stay together as friends. Works OK but am in love with my childhood sweetheart he says and shows he loves me but yes you guess...

View more questions Search