Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
    Book search
    Looking for a book I read when I was younger - all I can recall is a part where the main character (a native american girl) has to find food for her sick family (who are all in a teepee type shelter) - she ends up having to try and catch fish out of a frozen river, she uses barbed wire (I believe) to make a kind of snare in the water - I remember that this was a very taboo thing to do (fish are off limits, sacred? Feared?. ) - she is successful in catching a fish, but doesn't tell her family what it is when she feeds them - I remember the time of year was winter, very cold, I think parts of her fingers froze and stuck to the barbed wire... anyone have any suggestions?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 25, 2011, 12:55 PM

Sweetgrass by Jan Hudson
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 25, 2011, 03:27 PM

That's it! You. Are. Awesome.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 25, 2011, 08:39 PM

Glad to help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old children's book search [ 2 Answers ]

A child's book probably from the 50s which was a compilation of short stories. I remember a story about a gardener thinking he had discovered a new type of 'spotted' rose only to find that his neighbour had been painting... and another story about a spoilt girl who kept wishing for her bedroom to...

Book plot search [ 0 Answers ]

A modern-day book, about an african american family of women, the mother has just died. She was a difficult person, withdrew from all the girls and gardened at night, a garden of white flowers. I can't remember the title!

Erotic Romance Book search [ 3 Answers ]

I am searching for an erotic romance novel about the following: the heroine inherits an antique clothing store and does not have any money for rent. She works a deal with the landlord involving sex play, i.e. spanking she calls him sir, for the rent. The landlord dies and his family accuses her...

Horror / werewolves book search [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book I read in the early 1990's. It was about werewolves and witches on a old plantation in Louisiana. If I remember correctly the title had "Bane, Wolfbane or Wolvesbane" in it. I have searched and searched with no luck. Any ideas?

View more questions Search