Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Drawing Horses
    I know horses are hard to draw. I can draw the back neck belly and head fine, its just the legs. Can I have some tips on this?
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2007, 10:06 PM
    If you draw from a photo follow the lines of the legs with your pencil to get a feel for the lines that you want your hand to draw. You don't need to touch the pencil to the paper to do this though.
    derek maguire Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzledmonkey
    I know horses are hard to draw. I can draw the back neck belly and head fine, its just the legs. Can I have some tips on this?
    Get plenty of photos and drawings off the internet and study the horse while stood and running, keep having a go at the shape from torso to first joint and then to foot,enlarge the
    Photo ,proportion is the key,I just copied photo after photo and gradually my drawings improved,and this has improved my drawings with dogs and cats,and other animals.delboy
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 2, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Horse legs can be very tricky, you have to make sure they are not to thick or to thin looking.

Practise till you get it down good to the proportion of the body on a sheet of paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engineering drawing [ 3 Answers ]

Short question and answer about engineering drawing

Anime! Need help drawing it! [ 5 Answers ]

Can any one gimme a site that teaches you how to draw anime style? Nothing that makes you pay just sites that are for free? Sites that give you tutorials? Anything would be great thanks!:D

Drawing graphs using C Language [ 3 Answers ]

Need to extract data from file(Excel) and draw Graphs for it Using C program. Can someone help me Thanks & Regards Ram

Drawing Structures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I Draw the structure of the following compound. 3-(bromomethyl)-4-octanol

Drawing chemical structures? [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me how I go about drawing structures for chemicals. I'm presently doing physics and don't know anything about chemistry structures. I've been given the task to draw the structure for the following compound: Pyridinium, 4- ethenyl]-1-(sulfobutyl)-, inner salt. Any...

View more questions Search