Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aloha4all Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 03:53 AM
    What to do when your hope is running out?
    I honestly don't know where to start. My family of three was down graded to two, two years ago. And ever since then things have just gone down hill...

I believe everything happens for a reason but what happens when that hope you believe in is running out? When everything you once trusted in is wearing thin?

Like everyone out there, we're going through a really hard time. We're in the process of being evicted, my mother can't seem to find a stable job (she'll get interviews, receive great feedback, but there's always someone out there more qualified than she is), bills are stacking up (our means of communication have been disconnected). But the positive side of things are: we're living under a roof, have reliable transportation, I have a part-time job, some food in our kitchen, and loving pets and friends..

Right now it's hard to hold on to any hope. We thought we were doing things right and turning our lives around.. but I guess not. What's even harder is that we don't have family to turn too.

My mother and I know there's people out there that were in our situation and overcame it. That there's people who are in far worse situations now than they were in a year ago and managed to turn their lives around for the better...

What we're asking is for any types of advice/tips from people who have gone through something similar. That when all of your hope was dying, what did you do in order to keep going? How did you keep going when it seemed like your whole world was falling apart?

Any response is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 24, 2011, 08:55 AM

Your phone is disconnected but you have Internet access? Was there a death in your family or a divorce?

I always try to remember that things could be worse, be grateful for what I have. Faith also helps a lot of people through hard times.

I think you just keep chipping away, whether it's at the job market or something else, and never give up.

It sounds like you have a good attitude about things and appreciate what you do have. I also always hope that time will change things for the better.
    aloha4all Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Thank you.

We're using a neighbors wifi but the connection isn't that great, but it is something. And there was a death in the family.

Thank you again for your words.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2011, 10:10 AM

Hope comes from within, being thankful for what you have is the first step, food on the table and the people you love with you. It may not seem like much but for now it can be enough.

Your mother still needs to keep going for the interviews, eventually she will get a yes.

I know what its like when every penny coming into the house is accounted for, but if you can put away 2 or 3 dollars/ euro a week and save up for something, a nice takeaway and a film, a treat, something you don't normally do or have.

If there is a money advice budgeting service in your area get on to them, they can help with bills, in so far as talk to the companys on your behalf and perhaps reduce your households bills.

I'm a success story, single mother 4 children living in a house that was falling down around our ears, living on very little money, my youngest daughter had a genetic disease and died, but we pulled together and got through.

I eventually got retrained, got work and bought my own house, my eldest two are in college and my other daughter is healthy and happy.

It was hard work, and sometimes it seemed like there was no way end in sight, but if you work hard and stick together you both can achieve what you want.

If there was one thing I learned looking back at that time is.. dont accept your lot in life, fight for a better life, some days you'll lose and some days you'll win, see the future goal and find a way to get to it, there's no easy route, but stay focused and you'll get there.

I used to plan my house even before I had the means to buy, and talk about what we would do and see.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

( I think that's a bumper sticker!) but its so true.

Your learning great lessons in all of this, lessons that you will never forget and will see you through a lifetime, your also making great memories and will have many stories to tell.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 28, 2011, 06:56 AM
    Some eloquent words above.
    I'll just add one little practical bit of advice to keep out of the shelter: share housing when money is tight. Find roommates, even another mother and daughter just like you, and it really saves a lot on not just the rent but all the utilities and other expenses. You could even ask churches if there are any elderly who need help in exchange for free rent, or put notices up on boards around town.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. Have to hold key on to keep running [ 1 Answers ]

91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. I have to hold the key on far right start position to keep the car started. I let off the key and the car dies. Turn the key to the where the starter turns on and hold it there and the car stays running./ Any ideas what this could be?

Air Exchange in house running, outside motor running, Fan not turning [ 0 Answers ]

I have a RUUD #UAKA-024JAS man. 1995. The exchange in the house functions. When I turn the AC on the motor is running, but the fan isn't turning. I checked the breakers, which seemed to be fine. I disconnected the power and checked the fan, which spins freely. I need advice on how to fix this...

My condenser fan is running while my heat is running. It's a heil 4-t gas pak 14yrsold [ 1 Answers ]

The condenser fan on my 14 yr old heil 4-ton gas pak is running while the heat is on. I know its not supposed to but I'm not to sure where to start trouble shooting. My first instinct is the control board or the digital thermostat, (7 yrs old ) Can some one point me down the right path?

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search