Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 07:19 PM
    PC very slow
    All of the sudden my PC is running very slow, to the point that sites time out. I am running XP, I think it's professional edition. I have tried clearing my cache, system restore, running malware bytes, CCleaner, and defrag, but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any advice?

My PC is on a network and all other computers on the network run as smooth as silk except for this particular one.
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2011, 09:03 PM

You are probably being hindered by spyware on your computer. My advice would be to download, install and run SupertAntiSpyware (the free version), with the advance permission of your computer administrator. A more aggressive cure might be to download and run DrWebCureIt, also the free version. The symptoms certainly indicate that there is "hidden background activity" that is taking precedence over what you are wanting the computer to do -- very typical of trojan viruses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow flush toilet with slow drain bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased an 8 year old townhouse. We have a double vanity (2 sinks), a toilet, a free standing shower, and a jacuzzi in our master bath. I have a two fold problem which I believe are related. The toilet last week...

Slow turn braking. Pedal Vibrates and Truck does not slow [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 98 Ford Expedition. My ABS brake sometimes comes on... When going in a slow turn, my pedal sometimes shakes and does not brake. I usually have to pump the pedal to get it to brake. What is this? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Kitchen sink slow drain real slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

How do I unstop my kitchen sink with out calling a plummer to come out to charge me a arm and a leg to fix it.

Slow slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks for the input Flying Blue Eagle. Our septic has been pumped within the last three or four years. Last fall we had a plumber out for the same problems and seems like once before that . They always snake the drain from the septic into the house. We've tried the chemicals which helped...

Forced Air Furnace flame good, fan goes slow then fast then slow, etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a forced air propane furnace in a "Park Model" rv trailer. (This is a bit smaller than a mobile home) The furnace is used infrequently as the trailer is located in a sumer resort vacation area, however we do like to go up a couple of times in the winter months. Furnace was...

View more questions Search