Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runz2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 06:07 PM
    How to make my boyfriend marry me.. how to make my bfrns parents acept me
    My boyfriends parents are against our relation as I am 2 yrs older to him and *** from a different community. They won't evn meet me. Our 3 yr relation is at the verge of break up as his parents won't acept me as their daughtr in law and as my boyfriend is not able to convince his parents and last weekend he said that he does not want to comment on it due to which I broke up with him. I did not speak to hm for almost a week but he kept on calling me religiously and sent senti messages. Finally I gav up and spoke to hm and I told hm that I wl be leaving the city by August to be with my family permanently and also that I aceptd d situatn. I said it because I knew it was useles begin,crying and giving him ideas. I cried and cried when I was alone bt I answered his phone happily. Even he barely eats, has bcum lonely and depresd since d tym his parents intervend. Wer stl talking howeva I've decided to meet hm rarely and of late, he told me that he's going to try convincin hs parents by June. Also he does nt want me to wait for hm as he wories that m aging and needs to settle. I've informd my parents and dey hv bn vry suportiv. I love hm and he loves me too. But how do I help my boyfriend to undrstand that I need hm too and how to encourage hm if he's trying to cnvince hs parents. Should I stl talk and meet hm? Should I move on with my life?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 06:20 PM

You can not make them accept you , if they do not want to.

Why is he not willing to ignore his parents and marry you anyway ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM

If its so important to have his parents approval, and he is unwilling to go against them, then yes, move on with your life, but June is not so far away so a week or so to see if he is successful is worth it, I guess.
    runz2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2011, 06:55 AM
    Yes I feel I should wait and that's why I've been speaking to him. The pressure that he feels from his parents was once felt by me when my parents were against my ex boyfriend during my high school. I broke up with my ex however I went back to him after a year regardless of my parents pressure. Hwever after 5 yrs of our relation we decided to mutually break off. At least I expect that being a guy,my present boyfriend should be able to convince his parents... just because his mother said 'No' to his decision he has lost his mind and does not mind losing his friend-***-his girlfriend. My mind says to completely break off with him as the man I knew once is not the man I know today... he is weak, confused and he is not able to make decision. And I'm 30, I can't risk to wait for him as he may or may not take the step which I did years ago. Some of our close and common friends have stopped talking to him for his atttitude towards me and life. They were eagerly waiting for our wedding and now they are shocked. If only I could read his mind... I love him and don't want to lose him and don't him to suffer as well... Ill wait but I have decided to change and move on in case the worst happens
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2011, 08:03 AM

That sounds like a logical plan. If he is so influenced by his parents on important matters now, he probably will be influenced by them later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can judge be permitted to make me marry someone at 15-16 with out parents consent [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know why I had to marry someone at 15-16 with out parents consent and also because I was in foster care but parents right was not terminated yet and it ruin my hole life even with my kids

How to make him marry me [ 18 Answers ]

Hi every body, I am a 28 years old girl and it is 9 years that I am with my boyfriend he is also 28.Actually we grew together we passed trough many hard days and we achieved everything in our life together but there was always a problem,I loved him more, it annoyed me but because I knew that he...

M18 want to marry my 1st love/boyfriend .how to tell my parents? [ 3 Answers ]

I just turned 18 I never had a real boyfriend cause I was never allowed to see people they disapprove of dating and stuff, m arabian my parent sent me here (u.s) to get into med school and become a doctor they always wanted me to focus on nothing but books and career and forget about living life....

How Can I Make Him Marry Me? [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I need really good advice. We've been together for two years and haven't heard of any marriage plan yet. Im getting impatient because Im turning 32 this year and he, 35. I already want to have a baby. In short, I want to get married already and start our family. But, whenever I raise this...

View more questions Search