Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I'm hungry but when I eat I feel sick
    Before you begin to try and answer my case please note that I am not sexually active so that eliminates a pregnancy. I am not taking birth control nor any other medicine. Just yesterday I began to notice it when my dad made thus delicious fish that I love to eat because he only makes it on special occasions. Fish is my favorite food so that is not the problem. Then today I woke up really weak because I didn't eat dinner last night cause I couldn't.

I craved an egg burrito this morning but when I got out of bed l felt real sick. I know I'm hungry cause I feel it but when I try to eat even two bites I get so sick that I can't stand because I Feel so sick. I read that perhaps it could be stress (that would explain the constant butterflies at night that kept me up from being with the guy I like who finally confessed to me) and/or allergies but I am not allergic to anything so I'm really confused. Can anyone lend me their thoughts on this? I would really appreciate it !
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2011, 03:05 PM

You did not say whether the fish was cooked adequately, but if the fish came from standing flood waters, you could have consumed any number of toxins! Get to a hospital and get evaluated pronto!
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2011, 02:03 AM

Oh no it's not the fish because I had been sick with the stomach the day before besides my stomach would not accept anything so trust me when I say that it has nothing to do with fish
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

May 25, 2011, 05:51 AM

Here is a suggestion. Make some cinnamon toast and eat it. Pure ground cinnamon can aid digestion, as well as help clear viruses and parasites from your digestive system. Simply put some bread in a toaster and toast it to a light golden brown. I strongly recommend using wheat bread. Butter it with real butter or Smart Balance. Margarine will suffice in a pinch. Then sprinkle the pure ground cinnamon (or cinnamon sugar) over the buttered toast, where the butter melted. Don't put it on too thick, but mostly cover the buttered area. The cinnamon will stick to the butter. That works for me, pretty much every time I feel a "bug" coming on. It usually makes me want to eat even more, when before eating the doctored toast, I felt like I could not keep anything down at all! That is an old remedy from my parents, who were both born in the early 1900's. Cinnamon is also mentioned in the Bible!
    relish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 04:29 AM
    I just started university yesterday and the new environment and nervousness of starting fresh definitely got my stomach into a knot. Although I was starving I couldn't stomach food and found that the meal times were not as structured as they are when you're at home or in high school.

So... was there something that made you nervous? Or perhaps it was because you didn't have dinner... you skipping a meal is my guess because when you are so hungry to a point you feel hunger pains and it make it difficult to digest food.
    JoshuaCain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 05:05 PM
    I feel almost the same way, when I eat I feel like vomiting, and when I try to lay down to rest I feel like vomiting. :(
    Sarah_Nerd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
    It's stress. I have felt the same way you have on more than one occasion from either a new potential "love" interest, a major change in living environment, or a change in work. Try the cinnamon toast or fiber cereal / oatmeal (no milk, no sugar) with sprinkled cinnamon.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Your symptoms could be lack off sleep. You may have the flu and not realize it.

Mono also sounds like a posible reason for this. If it persists see a doctor.
    austin78744 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 03:49 AM
    Hello I'm a little younger about 18 and I was wondering if that Cinnamon remedy works for me. I'm afraid I have parasites but I wonder if it could be bloating instead? It all started recently like Tuesday and today is Thursday, I feel like something is in my stomach, I'm not sure if I feel hungry or full I can't tell. The first day I had weird sensations like if I was full. So I thought maybe I'm hungry and I ate two full plates and I still couldn't feel full? Then I stopped, I didn't want to rupture anything inside. So I was thinking anything else but parasite like maybe I'm constipated or something. So I'm not sure what it could be. Like I said it feels like I'm either full or really hungry. This has never happened to me before, could be because of my years of heavy spicy foods and carbonated drinks.
    kitkat16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
    I had similar problems and then I watched a video on what they put in our foods and then I switched to all organic foods and within three days there was a difference
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 06:47 AM
    A lot of people are having problems with being weak so they eat and then feel worse. Its like kitkat says they are putting heavy metals, message, gmo, animal hormone injections, animal antibiotics and loads of preservatives in our foods, Whole wheat isn't even what it use to be so their solution is gluten free which almost seems like a gimmick to me. Try eating organic like kitkat said as much as possible, Use coconut oil or oil in glass bottles, use actual butter. Cut down on meat and anything with flour.
    eota666 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
    I don't know what fish dish was made, or what your general diet is, but if you have a lot of fatty intake, like butter, mayonnaise, grease, oils, a lot of meats, it could be a gallbladder issue. Aside from getting it professionally checked, try avoiding these sorts of things, stick to carbohydrates like pastas and breads, and vegetables for a little while. If this seems to be the case, you can stave it off by avoiding fatty foods and oils, but gallbladder problems can turn pretty serious if left untreated. If you suspect this is the case, you should see your doctor when you have the chance.

If you have a high intake of dairy products, you could be developing lactose intolerance. Your allergies change periodically throughout your life, so things you were fine with your entire life may start effecting you. If it is a dairy-based allergy, there are pretty affordable digestive supplements like Lactaid that help in a lot of cases.

If you have a wide variety of foods in your diet, and don't eat a lot of the same type of things so it can't be pinpointed to one particular group, and it continues longer than a normal bug, you should see your doctor. You might have a virus, or a particularly stubborn stomach bug, or it could be something much more problematic.
    hannahgrace135 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 05:13 AM
    I constantly feel sick, to the point where I can't stand up. The middle of my back is really sore and I loose breath over it when it really hurts. I can't get comfortable because of my stomach and back. I have a dull throbbing pain in my lower left abdomen. I am constantly tired to the point that I can't open my eyes for long when I do get drowsy. I am getting cold chills, loss of appetite and aches all over my body.

I never really get sick but this has hit me really hard. I am tachycardia but there is nothing that could be helped with this.

Please help me, its becoming unbearable!
    Jessycarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 03:31 PM
    I used to make myself be sick a lot, like 30 times a day. This was just before I turned 17, I stopped a good 5 months ago. But ever since my stomach has been really bad. I was never bulimic, I wasn't diagnosed with it anyway, but yeah my portions tend to be really really small. I can't seem to eat much at all. I'll wake up being absolutely starving, I'll have a small glass of water and I'll be completely stuffed. I seem to crave crisps a lot, but other than that, I can't seem to stomach anything without feeling ill, dizzy and just all round unpleasant for a few hours after.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 10:27 AM
    You need to wean yourself back onto food. Talk to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I feel sick whenever I eat [ 9 Answers ]

For the past few months I can't seem to eat very much. I get hungry occasionally, but then when I try to eat, after only a couple bites I feel full and start to feel nauseous. So that means that I hardly eat anything all day. I originally thought it was because I had stopped running. I run on the...

Should I only eat when I'm hungry? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 100 pounds overweight and can go 2 days without food and not feel hungry. I tried only eat when I was hungry and I lost 11 pounds in 4 days. However, I always eat before I'm hungry because I love the taste of food. What do you think? (Please do not tell me anything about my metabolism slowing...

Diet where you drink shakes and nothing else, father hungry should he eat? [ 3 Answers ]

My father started this diet that his friend told him. Just drink one shake in morning, one shake at night.. and OK lunch at lunch time. But he's hungry, I know I would be too. This diet is too limiting, is it OK if he eats something? My father used to eat a lot and just drinking a shake is...

Whenever I eat I feel sick [ 1 Answers ]

It only just started yesterday so hopefully it will go, but whenever I eat or drink anything, even if just a sip or a bite I will feel bubbles in my stomach and then feel like I'm going to throw up. (I have only ever actually thrown up once in the past) Also I will feel the bubbles whenever I move,...

Why do I feel hungry sooner on the days I eat breakfast? [ 1 Answers ]

I know breakfast is important but on the days I have breakfast ( toast with peanut butter, oatmeal, an english muffin, etc) I start to feel very hungry about an hour or so later, sometimes I evern start to feel nausious. If I skip breakfast I am not nearly as hungry for lunch.

View more questions Search