Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TomTen10 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Is it possible to buy an appliance timer drive motor?
    Need M460-G for a Timer # 8299780B. Seems that there is price fixing on this item. Make you buy the whole timer. This is not "green" by any measure.
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2011, 03:26 PM

Check out this link:

"timer motor" 8299780B - Google Search

Take note of the usage and placement of "quote marks" which filter unrelated results dramatically! Also note the results in the right-hand margin.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 03:37 PM

Intermatic Timers have replaceable motors:
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 03:39 PM
    Look like these?

Whirlpool dryer timer 8299780 Model M460-G

http://www.craigslistblog.com/?view=...QQcmdZViewItem

May 24, 2011, 09:51 AM

Thank you, JudyKayTee, for recognizing misuse of the rating system! It figures... I tried to help somebody out, since replacing the "motor only" is somewhere between very unlikely and impossible. And what did I get for my efforts? Kicked in the teeth by the person I tried to help!

May 24, 2011, 07:41 PM
    Comment on infoguy's post
    You are still misinterpreting me. Not being able to buy the motor was part of the question. And I did not kick you in the teeth, you are doing that yourself by pretending that you understood. Well "You can fool some of the people all of the time.........."

May 24, 2011, 11:10 PM

TomTen10, it seems kind of hard to misinterpret you question (from your original post):

"Is it possible to buy an appliance timer drive motor?"

With the "drive motor" specifically named, what else could you have meant by that question?
    Uber Member

May 25, 2011, 05:13 AM

TomTen10, does it look like the above motors/timers in the link or not? If you don't help, how can we, I wonder how you can give reds, yet you are immune from it. Either that or ours should be removed.
    If we don't give the correct answer, you may need to provide more info? You don't HAVE to disagree, you could just clarify?

May 25, 2011, 06:40 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    Timer drive motor.

May 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    As I have tried to explain, I did not know I was disagreeing. A simple yes or no should indicate a more thoughtful reply needed, not a rating that gets everyone upset. I cannot see the above motors/timers now so I can not answer that. I think that maybe I already have? I just wanted a thoughtful answer that took into consideration all the aspects of my question. Did anyone think about the green part of the question. Seems that everyone jumped to a conclusion without really doing the thinking. Even the follow up questions indicate that the players are more interested in themselves than being part of a community of brothers. All this and no one seems to care about my basic question.
    This back and forth is useless, time consuming and childish. Grow up.

May 25, 2011, 07:11 AM
    The timer motor is M460-g. And it drives Switch 8299780B. My question was an attack on the appliance industry for not allowing timer motors to be sold separately. That is not green. I assumed there would be more people
    Familiar with the situation, and therefore sympathetic to my wanting a "Timer motor" without the switch. I also thought that there would be a rush to sound off about the "green" aspect. I guess I did not realize that this forum is like the others. A place to establish all the "selfs" out there. If you are lonely buy a dog.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Get a life TOM TOM. With your comments and agenda you seem to want to pursue, you will get little help. This is a volunteer help desk, not a crying shoulder hotline.

May 25, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    I have a life. I asked for help. What help did I get, and still not getting it. All you do is complain about my methods. Where are the helpful suggestions on my questions not my lifestyle. All I get is crying about your precious ratings.
    I did without you volunteer help for a long time, I wish I had never asked for it from the criers of the world. Now answer my question or just sign off.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 25, 2011, 02:46 PM

My question was an attack on the appliance industry for not allowing timer motors to be sold separately.
    This is a self help site where people try to provide assistance to other people with a specific problem. It is not a blog. It is not a place to sound off about how an industry should be run. It is not a place to expound on what you personally think is "green" and what is not.

All I get is crying about your precious ratings.
    People are not complaining about ratings. People are complaining about your apparent lack of appreciation. People who did attempt to assist you got slammed for doing so.

Now answer my question or just sign off.
    A good example of exactly what I am talking about. You come on to a site and demand that people answer your question. Then you have the nerve to tell them to sign off if they don't.

You would do well to remember that you like I, are a guest here and act accordingly.

Suggest that you take own signing off advise.

May 25, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    None of this would have happened IF you could read, IF you really wanted to help, IF really cared about giving a good answer rather than getting an ego boost with a some what insignificant rating. AND STILL NO ONE RESPONDS TO THE QUESTION. I wish you all a good evening, good bye and good riddance.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 25, 2011, 03:26 PM

TomTen10

So you can understand what you did wrong... repeatedly in this thread.

The use of the rating system

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-...nes-24951.html

And the posting rules.

Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ: Terms of Service, FAQ and How To Use This Site

Read those and you will understand everything you have done wrong.

Nobody posted them so I will.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2011, 04:09 PM

This thread is closed. The OP seems to either understand this site less than he thinks we understood his question. I'm not sure he wants help as much as someone to agree with him. But being argumentative and rude is not going to be tolerated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can timer motor work and still not have power to motor [ 3 Answers ]

Motor for clock works but I don't seem to have to the pool motor this is swimming pool equipment

How do connect a intermatic CT 2000 timer to a electric motor? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a paragon percentage timer with a intermatic CT2000 percentage timer not sure where the white and black wires in the timer connect. Chuck

Hooking up timer, small motor for a 1.5 hp, 110 v pool pump. [ 4 Answers ]

We have now seen 3 timer motors work, then stop in a couple of days, after hooking them up to our pool pump. When we replaced the lst timer, instead of hooking up the timer motor leads to their own circuit, the repairperson hooked them up at the same terminals as the leads from the pump. Is this...

Need to replace a Emerson air condition condenser motor, where to buy the motor? [ 4 Answers ]

Need to replace a Emerson air condition condenser motor, need to now where to buy the motor? 208-230 volt, 1.8 amp, 1140 rpm,Model K55HXTAH5826, Frame 48Y. Air condition unit Model # PGAD47DIH5. Wayne.

View more questions Search