Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david079768 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Work in Florida live part time in Georgia do I have to pay taxes?
    I live and work in Florida,but my wife works in Florida and lives part time in Georgia. Do we have to pay Georgia state taxes?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 23, 2011, 08:55 AM

You need to define a bit better what you mean by "my wife ... lives part time in GA." Do you mean she was a GA resident for part of the year but now is a FL resident? Or do you mean she lives most of the time in GA but spends an occasional weekend or two in FL? The issue is to figure out whether GA would think she is truly a GA resident, and that requires understanding where she spends most of her time.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 27, 2011, 11:07 AM
    If your full-time residence is clearly in Florida, you have established domicile in Florida, so you should NOT be liable for Georgia income taxes on any earned income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in Georgia but work in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Georgia but work in Florida do I have to pay Georgia state income tax on my income?

Office in Atl but live in Florida 90% of the time, do I have to pay GA taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I cover the Southeast for a global company, I have an apt in Atlanta but live there only 10% of the year (I rent a room). My office is in Atlanta but my house is in Florida where all my mail goes, where my car is registered and where I am homesteaded. Do I have to pay GA state taxes? How would GA...

I live and work in Georgia but the company I work for is in Florida what about file s [ 2 Answers ]

I live and work in Georgia but the company I work for and get paid by is in Florida how do I file for state tax

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Live in Florida, work in Georgia. [ 4 Answers ]

If I am living in Florida, and work in Georgia, and Georgia takes out state taxes what do I do about filing in Florida which does not have state income taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search