Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvsick01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Break up! How do I get him back?
    My boyfriend of 5 years, which is also my two-year-old sons dad left two weeks ago. The thing is he left without saying anything to me, but I feel so guilty. The day before that I told him, "I don't give a sh**; I can do it by myself and I don't need you. I was just so frustrated because we had been arguing for like 7 months about a female friend of mine he doesn't like and all because we had a problem with her brother, which she had nothing to do with it.

But he said he had a bad vibe about the family and he didn't want me around her, but I thought he was just doing it to control me. Now I see that he did it to protect our family and basically it seems like I picked a friend over my family. I know he loves me very much because he always showed it and I love him very much too!

Since he left I have not seen or spoke to him, but the good thing is my brother knows where he lives and still has contact with him. I don't know if I should give him time to be alone or if I should go look for him and apologize? Or what do I say? Please help I really miss him!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2011, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsick01 View Post
    My boyfriend of 5 years, which is also my two-year-old sons dad left two weeks ago. The thing is he left without saying anything to me, but I feel so guilty. The day before that I told him I told him "I dont give a sh**; i can do it by myself and I dont need you. I was just so frustrated because we had been arguing for like 7 months about a female friend of mine he doesnt like and all because we had a problem with her brother, which she had nothing to do with it. But he said he had a bad vibe about the family and he didnt want me around her, but I thought he was just doing it to control me. Now I see that he did it to protect our family and basically it seems like I picked a friend over my family. I know he loves me very much because he always showed it and I love him very much too! Since he left I have not seen or spoke to him, but the good thing is my brother knows where he lives and still has contact with him. I dont know if I should give him time to be alone or if I should go look for him and apologize? Or what do I say? please help I really miss him!

You told him in very exact words that you no longer care for him. He believed you. He presumably knows where you are if he wants to have contact with you. Is he providing support for his son or attempting to see his son?

You argued for 7 months about your friendship with someone he doesn't like? It looks like you won that argument.

If you contact him you say what you've said here - you're sorry, you miss him, you realize he was trying to protect your family. I personally would give him some more time and space because, as I said, he knows where to find you if he wants to come back.

If he does come back I think the two of you should speak to a counsellor - 7 months is a very long time to keep an argument going, particularly when the unsolved issue caused him to walk out on you and his son.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2011, 03:44 PM

Its one thing to know you were wrong, its another to actually apologize. I think that's where you start, by apologizing. Maybe he accepts it, maybe he won't.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2011, 03:47 PM

You need to open up communication with him. And by that I mean tell him what you've told us here. Apologize for being hateful ( yes, it was a hateful thing to say), and see where things go. For the sake of your family, go talk to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We went on a break and now we are back together but... [ 36 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 2 years, and our relationship had issues lately that caused us to take a break from seeing or talking to each other for 2 weeks. Mainly I noticed that she was starting to distant herself and she seemed very unhappy. Some background information she...

I want to get back with ex girlfriend after she break up with me! [ 19 Answers ]

Ok first post here we go I was in a 2 year relationship with my ex girlfriend. We are both 21, we had a little discussions but never a really big fight. Recently she break up with me because I was spying on her myspace, the thing is I was doing it because I found a note on her notebook (which I...

Back together after a break? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anyone here who has actually gotten back together with their ex after a "break"? It seems like most people just completely move on from their relationship. I am currently on a "break" with my girlfriend of 2.5 years because she wanted it. However, it feels more and more like a break...

Getting back after a break up? [ 4 Answers ]

well guys don't want to say the whole story as you all know my x girl and I have been basically been broken up for 4 months we both had same fault's after making up and being friends... We both love each other but don't feel that spark we always text each other through out the day... and both say I...

How to get her back during the break [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, maybe you can help me with this little problem of mine? The story goes like this, 2 months ago I feel 6 meters and got hurt and landed in the hospital. I was for good reasons helpless, and required people to come and help me do all sorts of stuff. When I got out I had my wrist bandaged, so...

View more questions Search