Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdie30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Wedding costs
    I would like to know how to get wedding help with paying for my wedding my boyfriend and I are not very rich and we could really use some help on paying for our wedding.Please help us.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Well, it would really help to plan for something at least a year down the line, especially if you want to save money. You could always go to your city hall, or a justice of the peace and then later in your marriage have a ceremony for kicks. Don't incur any debt by planning a huge soirée you can't afford, stick to what you can:). And congratulations!
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Feb 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Do you know anyone who has recently gotten married? I know a few people who have and they are going to let me borrow any decorations they have, for free. We're also going to have the reception in my parents pole barn so we don't have to rent a space for it. Do you know anyone or do you have a big garage or yard that you could have a reception in? Someone told me that they found a place that would let them rent all their tablecloths for $1 per cloth. MY fiance' and I are also going to be making all the food for the reception. Well, friends and family anyway!

Another friend of mine made round cakes for each table at the reception. They didn't have a big fancy cake. They got 3 different cake mixes and made all the cakes. Each cake fed a table. Cake mixes go on sale all the time so this is something you could do fairly cheap. Or you could even make cupcakes for each guest.

As far as invitations go, they sell kits in the wedding sections at stores. Or you could design your own and print them on a computer at home or a friends house. They don't have to be expensive and fancy.

For pictures, do you have a family member or friend that is good at taking pictures? Maybe offer someone a little money to take pictures for you instead of getting a professional. Putting disposable cameras on the tables so your guests can take pictures is fun too!

OR... you don't even have to do a big reception. My cousin and his fiance' are only having cake and punch at the reception. No alcohol, food, DJ. So this would keep the expense down.

For food at the reception, and I don't know if this is appropriate or not. It probably depends on your family. But maybe you could have a big potluck? Ask a few family members if they would mind making a salad, dessert or main course. It could be their wedding present to you or you could pay for the groceries but they would make the food. Just a few ideas anyway!

Good luck! I know how you feel!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 9, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by birdie30
    I would like to know how to get wedding help with paying for my wedding my boyfriend and i are not very rich and we could really use some help on paying for our wedding.Please help us.
    Instead of asking for help paying for the wedding, how about paring down the wedding itself? How about working within what you can afford?
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
    I don't know how big of a wedding your wanting but I'm also getting married in Sept 07. My parents aren't helping with my wedding cause my fiancée and I live togather but it looks like we are going to have a really nice wedding I've only spent 240.00 so far and I've purchased 5 bridesmaids gowns, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 200 invites, tulle I also have some ideals on how to cut cost other ways to if your intrested pm me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Let me see, marriage licese about 100, a pastor like myself who does it for a donation ( 40 bucks) a little more if you want a rehearsal, and you are married.

You don't need 1000 dollar dress, you don't need bridesmaid in all matching outfits they will never use again ( if you can't afford it)

And you are still just as married.

Some of the best weddings were theme weddings held at someone's home, cowboy and more.
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Not all bridesmaid dresses will never be worn again my bridesmaid dresses can be worn else where, if you have a local church you attend have it there and have your pastor marry you if he's ordained. Where I use to attend church they would have a ceremony, reception site for free and members of the church helped with the food and cake and I don't believe our pastor charged to marry them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed costs vs. Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please check my answers. -Classify each of the following items of factory overhead as either a fixed or a variable cost. (Include any costs you consider to be semivariable within the variable category) a. Indirect labor- fixed costs could be variable under certain circumstances b....

Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that X Company has total variable costs of $90,000 when 30,000 units are sold. If 50,000 units were sold, total variable costs would be: a. $100,000 b. $120,000 c. $130,000 d. $150,000

Company costs [ 1 Answers ]

When running a small business is it better to capitalize some if not most of the costs and incur amortization expenses year over year or expense them all in the period they are incurred realizing the whole costs

Help - external costs [ 6 Answers ]

Okay. Here's a situation, and I cannot find any external costs. Can someone help me please? A huge superstore wants to open up in a small town. This will result in nearly all local SMEs to shut down, and will result in a net loss in employment. Also, the store is locating in a cheap, shoddy...

External costs [ 1 Answers ]

If a company chooses to outsource production to a cheaper country, what would be the external costs? I believe pollution in the new country would be, but how about the job loss in the initial country?

View more questions Search