Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2011, 04:08 AM
    Fancy Dress costume suggestions?
    Hi

Its my 22nd birthday on the 30th of July and I'm having a fancy dress night out. I am trying to think of a costume that would be cool, a bit original but also sexy. I'm very pro-geek so anything obscure and nerdy would be good too lol

I'm white, shortish blonde hair, curvy hourglass figure. I don't really want my entire belly or legs exposed (ok with short skirt, but no 'bikini' style costumes).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2011, 05:12 AM

Is this a costume night out or a "dress up" night out?

I can't tell what you are asking.
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2011, 05:18 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Fancy dress = costume. Sorry, in the UK 'fancy dress' is always understood to mean costume, like Halloween costume.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

May 31, 2011, 04:30 AM

If you want it to be truly original and also on the geeky side how about getting a very plain white outfit, in whatever syle is flattering. Eg a long white dress or white top and leggings. Then get some fabric marker pens or paints and decorate according to taste.

Ideas:
    You could copy out the periodic table.

Mark it off in increments and number like a ruler (as in the kind you measure with).

Draw out a map of the solar system.

Cover it in equations or latin phrases.

Or you could use another plain colour. Maybe black with shiny metallic fabric paints to do the decorating.

There are lots of finishing touches you could add with accessories, maybe a hat, but it would depend on the theme you chose.
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Aug 3, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Since you're geeky why not dress up as Rachel Berry from Glee or Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter? You can definitely 'sex' those costumes up a lil' too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vicars and tarts fancy dress. [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so I work in a nightclub and on Thursday they are holding a vicars and tarts theme night, and I have to participate. I work behind the bar. They don't mind what we wear, I'm assuming something flattering to attract the customers I guess :S lucky me. But does anyone have ideas on how to...

Fancy Dress Costume [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a fancy dress party tonight with a TV and film theme. I ordered an Indiana Jones costume off the Internet but it won't come in time for tonight. So has anyone got any ideas of what I wear? Anything that can easily be done with clothes that I would porbablu have in my house. Possibility to...

Fancy Dress Costume [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have a problem. We have to dress up as a famous rockstar but I have no idea who.. I'm a 5 ft 2ish, not so skinny blonde and would love someone that is a similar shape if possibly... preferably someone well known. Please help!

Disney fancy dress party- ideas? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is having a fancy dress party for her birthday, and everyone has to go as a disney character. Any ideas? I'm male by the way :)

View more questions Search