Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boblawblaw Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2011, 05:00 PM

Go no contact, I didn't go no contact and used this bored a year and half ago aand that was the advice I got. I didn't listen to it and have been strung along for the last year and half. 9 years together plus two wasted years I could have been nc and moving on but I didn't listen as I was hanging on to false hope and had the same thaughts as you I am sure but I recommend going nc it is a wise wise choice.
    hardtoheal Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2019, 05:45 PM
    Wow. Recently came across this old question I submitted while cleaning out my email. Welp, fast forward almost 8 years later and she got married last fall and I am about to be this fall. She married the guy she left me for lol. I went through a couple of relationships after her and I finally found the woman I'm going to marry. For anyone who thinks that a long term relationship is the end of the world, it isn't :)
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2019, 05:33 AM
    Yes, but the important thing is you survived even though you wrote "Depressed as all hell". I always tell people when a door closes kick the next dang door down and start the new chapter. Really at this point, who cares if she's married, divorced, or in shackles. You have started a new life so congrats.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2019, 07:39 AM
    Thanks for your update, it's much appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend left me after 3 and half years together. [ 13 Answers ]

Ok this is where I'm at. Me and my ex broke up 3 weeks ago we lived together for 2 and half years and even got two cats and a joint account. I'm now 27 and she is 25 We met off a dating site and met up the same night we started talking. Anyway at the start I was just having fun with her and didn't...

Depressed Girlfriend- have no fight left [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 soon and have been dating my girlfriend for over a year now. We love each other and this is no kind of puppy love. I will start by telling you how our relationship progressed throughout the year. When we first started dating, everything was fine, casual and at about 3 months into the...

My girlfriend of 3 years left me because of college. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone, like said my girlfriend and the one I thought would be with me forever has left me because she went to college. I am 20 and she is 19, we loved to be together and always spent lots of time together. Last year I went to college and she was scared that I would leave her for someone...

My girlfriend of 4.5 years left me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi guys my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years left me 1 month ago and I still feel as bad if not worse as when it happened. We started going out at 18 and have lived together ever since. We have the most awsome relationship and have dog together, and love spending every moment together, although we do go...

My girlfriend of 3 years put me on a break, so depressed can I win her back now [ 8 Answers ]

Well 3 months ago my girlfriend of 3 years said she needed to take a break our rlationship was fine no arguments but she said she needed to grow she was 22. She said she loved me but didn't know if it was the love you should feel for someone to be with them forever. I kept going around to see...

View more questions Search