Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 20, 2011, 03:10 AM
    Emergency Preparedness and Response
    How to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse!

At last the Yanks in the CDC have discovered a sense of humour..

US admiral reveals safety plan for Zombie Apocalypse ? The Register for the Brit take on it.

CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse - Blog for the whole piece.

Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

The following was originally posted on CDC Public Health Matters Blog May 16th, 2011 by Ali S. Khan.

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.
    Now where did I put my Towel..
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2011, 03:40 AM

Zombies and vampires are all the rage here.
    Mock if you want but understanding zombies is the way to understand humans .

I discovered this last year when I read this must read book if you want to understand international politics .

Amazon.com: Theories of International Politics and Zombies (9780691147833): Daniel W. Drezner: Books

Basically it does the same thing as the CDC does (using the example of zombies in applying practical steps to take in emergencies) The author uses the examples of confronting the threat of zombies based on various models of international relations like realists ,neocons ,isolationism ,or those who think that the undead are just misunderstood and should be added to the nations of the UN,to explain the various political theories.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 20, 2011, 03:51 AM
    a) it's a now-that-I-have-your-attention coup and well done at that since I've read this on a few others forums
    b) I got the towel reference... damn highways ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First response? [ 2 Answers ]

How efficient are the early pregnancy tests such as First Response? There are so many to chose from. I was supposed to get my period yesterday ,but never came and I always get it on the same day I can almost time it.

I really need a response. I'm only 16. [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I wanted to know what "it felt like" to be inside... we didn't want to have sex, we just wanted to see how it felt. I know that was a stupid mistake but we did. All he did was go inside and then come out, we didn't do anything else. We did this on Thursday, and on Saturday there...

View more questions Search