Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Lost our hamster
    Well over the past couple of years I have shared some of my hamster photo and info about "Lighting" our hamster. He was my son's pet, and we followed his birth ( one of our friends had the mommy and daddy hamster) and knew him from the day of his birth.

I would say few hamsters have had all the wonders and toys this one had, multi level housing, several wheels, running balls. He loved to be held and petted.

He passed in his sleep last night, and was full of energy and playing even the day before. He was slightly over two years old. I understand that was a good life for a hamster.

Tomorrow will seem strange, my day started, checking his water and petting him, did the same thing every morning for two years.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:57 PM

Oh Chuck, I'm so very sorry. I know how much you love your hammy. It's so sad that their lives are so short.

I can only say that Lighting was one very lucky hammy. He sure did have the plush hammy life. I know he was well loved, well cared for, and had a long happy life with you.

Time will heal my friend. I speak from experience.

I offer you my shoulder if you need it. Sending hugs your way.

RIP Lighting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hamster [ 6 Answers ]

My hamster died just a few weeks ago... :( I don't know how! She was shaking a few days earlier but then she was fine the next! I went to my friends house for the night and came home to play with her and she was gone. Cold, eyes closed, stiff. We picked her up and she was cold. She was all stiff. I...

So I want to get a new hamster but... [ 6 Answers ]

I just want to know what the minimum temperature outside should be when I go out to buy a new hamster

My hamster [ 7 Answers ]

My hamster seams like he has a sickness. He is shaking is cold, getting thin and doesn't want to eat anything even his favorite foods! WHAT DO I DO!? :(

Lost Hamster [ 19 Answers ]

Well I went to bed one day and I forgot to close my hamster's cage door. It has only been one day but I am very worried. How long can they without food or water? Can a hamster climb stairs because I've looked in the basement but I'm not sure if he could get upstairs. I've set a few traps...

Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering. I have a female syrian hamster and she is 8 weeks roughly mmmm She is vey nervous and she has bit me once but I want to tame her. Do you know why they make growling noises because she is doing that when she bites the bars and scratches. Plus I want to get her used to...

View more questions Search