Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 18, 2011, 04:36 PM
    I Must Be Living Right
    A friend of my wife was over for a visit. She said she would be going away for a couple of weeks. Ask if she should turn off the water while she is away. I said yes and took her to the laundry room to show what the main shut off valve looked like. As I was explaining that things like washer hoses do burst, I pointed to the washer hose. OOPS, there is a large balloon on the side of the cold water hose.

When is the last time you replaced your washer hoses. I'll be changing mine tomorrow.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2011, 04:59 PM
    About every 15-20 years, when I buy a new washer. I always have a double shutoff installed just above the washer and shut it off every time after I use it (well, almost every time). I don't know if that would have bearing on a weak spot in a hose or not.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:35 PM

:-)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Braided Stainless all the way!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 19, 2011, 09:52 AM

Same thing with my sister-in laws', Harold... was a hero for months as hers is on the first floor!

As Brain (Ma0641) said, SS braided all the way!

Thanks for bringing this up... hopefully, plenty of people online will read it and go check their hoses, too!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do for living at 60 [ 2 Answers ]

What to do for living in pakistan at 60

Movie of kids living in mountains alone and picking roots for living [ 1 Answers ]

Father dies and the children don't want anyone to know so they work digging roots to sale and the man that owns their house wants to marry the oldest daughter

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Right of living [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have previous marriage but I'm not living with that girl,I have a 3 months baby from my g/f,I'm illegeally in uk and somalian national, I want to know shall I stay on my baby's behalf in uk?

Living in NY and NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My wife and I lived in ny and she works in NY but I work in NJ. We end up paying a lot for taxes because my work doesn't allow me to take out additional taxes from my paychesk. This year we are planning on filing seprately and my W2 has a NJ address that I spend considerable time at...

View more questions Search