Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Troybuiltwrong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
    2007 Troybuilt cuts out when blades are engaged
    My 2007 Troy built mower starts and runs fine. The moment I engage the blades AND take my foot off the brake, it begins to spit, sputter, backfire and nearly will die. When I push in the brake, it stops and runs normally. If I disengage the blades, it runs perfectly. What is going on?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 04:05 PM

With the mower off... make sure there isn't any rope or wire wrapped around the blade and spindle. And that they turn and aren't frozen in place due to seized bearings.

DO you get a squealing belt noise as well?

EDIT: That was before I saw the brake thing. That points towards a safety feature as mentioned in the next post.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 18, 2011, 04:24 PM

Hi,
    Bad seat switch or the connections between.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2011, 08:09 PM

Is this a single cylinder or a twin ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bolens 17 hp tractor has blades always engaged. [ 6 Answers ]

My bolens 17hp tractor has the blades always engaged.

Mower bogs out when blades engaged [ 3 Answers ]

I got an older Simplicty 18 hp. Rider. Everything runs great and works fine, until I engages the blades. It just bogs right down. The only thing I can think may be the problem is the wrong gas cap. My grandson ran over the old / original one. I have a replacement one, but not original. ...

Craftsman 42" Riding lawn mower cuts off when blades engaged [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 42" riding lawn tractor that has the electronic blade engage switch. The mower runs fine but when you engage the blades it runs for a few seconds and then shuts the mower down. I have bypassed the safety switch under the seat and also had to replace the clutch the pulls in...

Lawntractor blades will not stay engaged [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed the blades on my Yardman Lawn Tractor. And now the lever that engages the blades will not stay over. I pull the lever left to right and it usually stays in place and the baldes stay engaged. I removed the deck to change the blades. It seems simple enough, I only had to un loop...

Troybuilt mower blades won't engage [ 4 Answers ]

PTO not engaging

View more questions Search